Tracy Debugger

adrian

2 minutes ago, Juergen said:

Another question: in the panel there is the button "toggle all", but nothing happens if i click on it. ???

Another weird one :)

That's obviously all JS - what browser are you using? Any browser console errors reported?

6 minutes ago, Juergen said:

I am using the latest Firefox but I have also tested it with IE - same result. Browser console doesnt show any errors.

Do each of the files toggle correctly when you click on one separately?

I just tested on all my browsers and had no problems. I am wondering if maybe there is some JS on the frontend of your site that is conflicting. If you're not already, can you please test on the backend of the site?

Other toggles from other panels work as expeceted. I am running Tracy in Backend at the moment, so no conflict with frontend scripts. Only to mention: My Antivir software from Kaspersky adds a JS-File inside the head section of the page. Maybe this could be a reason.

1 minute ago, Juergen said:

Only to mention: My Antivir software from Kaspersky adds a JS-File inside the head section of the page. Maybe this could be a reason.

Maybe you could try disabling that for a test?

If that doesn't help, I might need you to debug that toggleHooks() function in CaptainHookPanel.php to see where it's failing.

Anyone else out there have any problems with the Toggle All button not working?

9 minutes ago, Juergen said:

Other toggles from other panels work as expeceted.

Sorry I just noticed this - glad other panel's toggles are working, but it would help to know whether the individual toggles on the Captain Hook panel are working. It contains a list of all the files that have hooks. You should be able to click on each file and see a table of hooks within that file. We need to know that they're there because maybe that is the issue with the Toggle All - maybe there is nothing to show?

1 minute ago, Juergen said:

I have a lot of hooks inside ready.php, which will be loaded with every page load - so there are a lot of :)

I wasn't suggesting that there shouldn't be anything to show, but rather maybe there is an issue with them not being populated. Actually maybe it is related to the $paths not defined issue you were having - maybe the Captain Hook cache is not properly populated. That's why I need to know if there is anything under each file, eg in this screenshot I have opened up the Field.php file. By the way, hooks you are calling in ready.php aren't relevant - Captain Hook shows hooks that are available in the core, not hooks that have been triggered - for that, take a look at the "Hooks Triggered" section in the Debug Mode panel - this can be very handy to test if you hook is working.

59f5ee3a1aad9_ScreenShot2017-10-29at8_04_52AM.png.eea19fdf32271e3b1cb933e4eabf5fc6.png

Just now, Juergen said:

This is what my Hook panel looks at the moment:

screenshot-www.juergen-kern.at-2017-10-29-16-10-10.png.8f4c3fff54b6ac469a42d393394a7bd2.png

So there is no content at all.

Ok, so please delete the Captain Hook cache from the database caches table. That will trigger it to rescan all your files again. If that doesn't work, we'll need to go back to that $paths issue which I think might still be a problem - I get the feeling that maybe that $iter foreach loop has nothing to loop.

@Juergen - do you have a live somewhere that is showing this problem that you might be able to give me access to?

BTW, commenting out like that will mean result in a weird:

if(!$dir->isDir() === false) 

which isn't what we want. So try removing this in its entirety:

&& strpos($path, '/.') === false

Can you try putting: 

bd($path);

just inside the foreach loop - above the if()

You will need the Dumps Recorder panel for this - the main Dumps panel will miss it because the Captain Hook panel does it's scanning before the regular debug bar panels are loaded.

PS - You will need to clear that cache again - actually I forgot that a simple way to do that is a Modules > Refresh :)

11 minutes ago, Juergen said:

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks - I have figured out the issue - it's to do with the path of your site, which starts with: /home/.sites/ which that strpos($path, '/.') === false is catching. I'll get a fix out shortly, although I have to leave in a few minutes, so it might be better if I don't rush and leave it till later today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for access to your site - we could have gone around in circles for hours otherwise :) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Juergen said:

Thanks for your efforts. No need to hassle! ;)

No problem.

I have a solution in place on your site, but I need to test a little more before releasing, so I would appreciate it if you could keep my account active for a while still.

Take a look though - now you'll finally see what the Captain Hook panel is all about :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adrian said:

I have always found that clicking Toggle All and then CTRL/CMD+F to use the browser's "Find" functionality

I'll try that, thanks.

6 hours ago, adrian said:

Weird though that it's not causing problems for anyone else

Looking at that chunk of code, it's not about setting items to an uninitialised array with $paths[] = $path (which is okay) but if $iter is empty then $paths does not exist.

• Like 1

A search feature to the panels would be nice, it was suggested a few times before. I think a gui-less one would fit here, I mean start typing and a small lime in the bottom left corner would show the search string only (like google chrome's url display on link hover), esc would exit. The problem is that there are several panel types and closed sections, etc.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:55 AM, tpr said:

Thanks and keep bugging us with such updates :)

Ok, you asked for it.

The main Dumps panel is now better at reporting bd() calls from obscure places, like other modules, and within Tracy itself.

These improvements are fairly well tested, but please let me know if you notice anything it's not reporting that it should.

I also added a new "Modules Refresh" option to the PW Info panel. This is not only a useful shortcut on the frontend, but because it returns you to the URL you were on, I actually prefer it to using the "Modules > Refresh" link on the backend as well.

18 hours ago, tpr said:

A search feature to the panels would be nice, it was suggested a few times before. I think a gui-less one would fit here, I mean start typing and a small lime in the bottom left corner would show the search string only (like google chrome's url display on link hover), esc would exit. The problem is that there are several panel types and closed sections, etc.

I am definitely open to more discussion on this, but at the moment I don't really see a good solution that will work across all panels - information is presented in many different ways in the different panels, so I think we would need to target this to the ones that really need search/filtering.

• Like 3

Hi @adrian,

I've just updated to v4.7.6 – skipping a few versions altogether – and my current interest is in the ProcessWire Info Panel.

I noticed that turning on API variables, Core Classes and Config Data does have an impact on page load time, as expected. Panel selector reports 300ms vs 14ms (frontend with not to much on it).

However, System Info's page load time report doesn't change at all: always about 260ms, no matter what is enabled for the ProcessWire Info Panel. 260ms is less than 300ms, so I wonder how these numbers are related in the first place?

I also have a request regarding this ProcessWire Info Panel. Since "API variables, Core Classes and Config Data" takes a considerable time to load, it would be great if we could keep them turned off by default, and temporarily enable them just like the panels themselves (Once, Sticky) but this would be an overkill, I think, so maybe moving them to their own panel would suffice.

I mean, I normally don't need them but when I want to peek under the hood they are very helpful indeed. I also tested page load time just by watching Chrome's loading animation and it is indeed a lot faster to load the page without them, so there is a good reason to keep them off. However, going to Tracy's settings to turn them on/off is time consuming.

What do you think?

Edited by szabesz
typo

Hey @szabesz - I am surprised you are seeing such a dramatic difference in load times for the PW Info panel with those 3 sections enabled.

I just tested on two of my servers and got these results:

Server 1

Those sections enabled: 28ms

Those sections disabled: 22ms

Server 2

Those sections enabled: 6ms

Those sections disabled: 3ms

So for me, there really is no noticeable difference in load times. But we have seen discrepancies like this before. I remember when kongondo had really slow load times with the three objects in this panel, but it didn't affect you at all. Could you maybe determine which one of these three is causing the main slowdown? If it's "Config Data", then I would suggest just disabling that and using the Console panel and doing: d($config) whenever you want that info.

• adrian pinned and locked this topic
  • adrian unpinned and pinned this topic