GeraldSchmidt

Suddenly i am not able to edit fields or delete images in home-page (root page)

Hi,

i don't understand why this problem only appears when im trying to edit the root page (home).

All subpages are working.

I made a video of the problem: Video

My boss made an update yesterday from php version 5.3.29 to 5.6.17-1~he.2 (At the moment i am not able to downgrade the version)

Maybe this is the reason?

My Processwire Version: 2.7.2

MySQL-Version (PHPMYADMIN)

post-3414-0-13638200-1455315922_thumb.pn

MySQL-Version (phpinfo();)

post-3414-0-89677900-1455315934_thumb.pn

I don't think that the PHP version is the culprit - I have 5.6.17 as well, and it works. Did you check the file permissions, especially the site/assets/files/1 directory?

I don't think that the PHP version is the culprit - I have 5.6.17 as well, and it works. Did you check the file permissions, especially the site/assets/files/1 directory?

The permissions are ok (755) - processwire is able to upload into this folder

i have also the debugger set to "true". I am not getting any errors while i am trying to edit the root-page.... and Tracy Debugger is for Version 3

I think i will reinstall Processwire....

After the new installation i am getting the same error....

Website-Hoster is Hosteurope... i recognize that suhosin is installed. Is this maybe the problem?

Im not sure but check the security settings. I mean I had some kind of problem some months ago. Siteguard or something has to be disabled. Im not really sure now. Have to check on computer later

i have also tried to configure suhosin values:

php_value suhosin.get.max_array_depth 1500
php_value suhosin.get.max_array_index_length 1536
php_value suhosin.get.max_name_length 768
php_value suhosin.get.max_totalname_length 1536
php_value suhosin.get.max_value_length 3072
php_value suhosin.get.max_vars 6144
php_value suhosin.post.max_array_depth 1200
php_value suhosin.post.max_array_index_length 768
php_value suhosin.post.max_name_length 768
php_value suhosin.post.max_totalname_length 1536
php_value suhosin.post.max_value_length 195000
php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 6144
php_value suhosin.request.max_array_depth 300
php_value suhosin.request.max_array_index_length 768
php_value suhosin.request.max_name_length 768
php_value suhosin.request.max_totalname_length 1536
php_value suhosin.request.max_value_length 195000
php_value suhosin.request.max_varname_length 768
php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 6144
php_value suhosin.cookie.max_array_depth 1200
php_value suhosin.cookie.max_array_index_length 768
php_value suhosin.cookie.max_name_length 768
php_value suhosin.cookie.max_totalname_length 1536
php_value suhosin.cookie.max_value_length 60000
php_value suhosin.cookie.max_vars 6144
php_value suhosin.memory_limit 512M

it doesnt work... I'm totally despairing right now... am i the only one with this special problem? I have also moved the whole project to another server without suhosin...i get the same error! What is wrong?

I still doubt that it has to do with your PHP setup. What does happen if you try to duplicate the root page? Does the copy show the same problem?

I still doubt that it has to do with your PHP setup. What does happen if you try to duplicate the root page? Does the copy show the same problem?

I am not able to duplicate the Root-Page (i mean with the same template called "home"). I have only created an subpage with a new template-file called "intro" (which is the copy of the home-template) but this is only an avoidance not a real solution

6attfurl.png

Before you duplicate "home" you have to change the "Can this template be used for new pages?" option in the home template's family settings, as it's set to "no" by default.

Before you duplicate "home" you have to change the "Can this template be used for new pages?" option in the home template's family settings, as it's set to "no" by default.

i have set it to "yes" but i am still not able to duplicate the root-page

Sry i am able to create a new subpage with the "home"-template  .... every change is recognized by the server/processwire....this is really strange!!!

I don't get it... Only the root-page has this strange behavior :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By benbyf
      Hello, and welcome to what I though was either my client being silly and changing things, or some evil doer. Turns out its reproducible and therefore something in Proceswire (I checked my templates and modules but couldnt find anything that would be doing this...). So what is it doing? Check out the video for evidence.
      A repeater field is interacting with a page template and another repeater field somehow to swap the fields in the template and repeater over...
      I have a template called team, and a repeater field called team_repeater with label Team. Some how and for some reason, when I change my fields on repeater called main_menu_links my team template gets those fields and when I try and revert the team template fields to the fields it should have, they get given to the repeater main_menu_links. Also this to say HELP!!!!!
      video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exkdhc6n7x0xpsa/strange-repeater-PW-mega-bug.mov?dl=0
    • By horst
      Hi, on a site I want to disable access to original images and only allow to access thumbnails and watermarked image variations.
      EDIT:
      A good solution for protecting original images can be found a bit down in this thread:

Old content of this initial post:

• By Guy Incognito
      I seem to be running into a repeated fatal error in a fresh PW install version 3.0.148. I can't quite put my finger on the pattern but it seems to be around deleting image fields or removing images from certain image fields.
      This is the trace from the log generated by trying to save a page and delete an image from an image field:
      Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Cannot access protected property Pageimage::$original in /wire/core/PageimageVariations.php:256 Stack trace: 1. /wire/core/Pageimage.php(1327): PageimageVariations->getInfo() 2. /wire/core/Wire.php(386): Pageimage->___isVariation() 3. /wire/core/WireHooks.php(823): Wire->_callMethod() 4. /wire/core/Wire.php(450): WireHooks->runHooks() 5. /wire/core/Pageimage.php(1369): Wire->__call() 6. /wire/core/Pageimage.php(399): Pageimage->getOriginal() 7. /wire/core/WireData.php(333): Pageimage->get() 8. /wire/core/PageimageVariations.php(256): Pro Line 256 of /wire/core/PageimageVariations.php Earlier in the day I was experimenting with custom fields for images for the first time and kept running into this error, thinking it was me using this feature wrong and not having time to read up I deleted the custom image fields template and went about my business. So now I don't know if I triggered an issue or whether it was never related to the custom image fields in the first place?
      Any ideas?
    • By ICF Church
      Hi 👋
      Anyone else having this problem?
      Requirements:
      - Repeater (matrix & normal) with mutlilanguage fields (text, textarea…) 
      - Backend language set to something other than default (ie. German) 
      Reproduce:
      - Add a new repeater Item (ajax, I found no way to possible to disable it with matrix)

(Notice how the default language tab is active instead of the backend language…)
      - Write something into the (default language) field
      - Try to save, if field is required, this will not work. If not required, then when reloading, the content will be inside the backend language field, instead of the default language field who was (presumably) active
      Analysis:
      When  loading  a new repeater element with ajax, the default langue tab is active, but the backend language inputfield is visible (with no visual indication). When writing into the field, it will populate the backend language. When manually clicking on the default language tab (which is already active), the field will switch to the actual default language field (which is [now] empty) (that can now be populated…)
      Also Notice, the labels of the elements to be added are in default language as well instead of the translated label (images instead of Bilder)…
      ProcessWire 3.0.148, Profields 0.0.5…
      Is it my system configuration, or does anyone else have the same issue? This is a screen recording of the problem:
      Issue: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/1179

Screen Recording 2020-02-25 at 14.18.31.mov
    • By humanafterall
      I'm using some Custom fields for images: 
      https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.142/#custom-fields-for-files-images

When I save the page, and return the fields are blank. When I re-add the text to the fields and save again then the fields save as expected.

I know this is stated as being quite experimental but it's super useful feature I'd love to get working correctly.
      I have fields that are CKEditor fields but have overidden this on the image specific template. I've also tried it with regular text fields and I get the same bug.
      (currently using Processwire 3.0.155)
      **UPDATE**
      I've found this issue is specific to editing on pages using the PageTable fieldtype. The fields are not saving when I save the page in the PageTable.