}
      foreach ($lotes as $lote) {
      echo getFirstPara($lote->body);
      }
?>

And it worked great !!! :D

• Like 1

Great!

You might want to move that function to a file that is called by all the others, so you have it available averywhere, like _func.php or even the head file if you prefer.

• Like 1

In the latest 3.x version, there's also some nice additions that will let you easily do this.

http://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.7-expands-field-rendering-page-path-history-and-more/#render-groups

Nice. Funny that there is a regex example that seems to do what ts wants.

<?php

// render the first found paragraph only

if(preg_match('!(<p>.+?</p>)!', $value, $matches)) {

echo $matches[1];

}

Regex is basically voodoo to me so i don't quite understand the exclamation marks but i'm sure Ryan has a better grasp :)

The exclamation marks are simply pattern delimiters. Normally, this is "/", but PHP looks for the first character in a pattern string and treats it as the delimiter. This comes in handy whenever you have a pattern containing a forward slash, as you'd otherwise have to escape it to tell PHP that it's part of the pattern and not its end.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

As a follow up question to the first paragraphy solutions provided. Is there a way to get "the rest of the text" output? A way to exclude the first paragraph?

The result I am looking for is to output the first paragraph from a body text field, then an image from an image field, and then the rest of the text from the body text field. So there might be other solutions?