Small bug, when autocompleting titles

onjegolders

Sorry I'm not a GIT user so just posting here what I think is a tiny bug or if not, just something that I noticed.

When filling in a title, if you press TAB to use a browser autocomplete suggestion, then the URL stops getting autopopulated.

I'm sure you are aware of this and there may be no easy way round it but just thought I'd point it out. A few times I've not paid enough attention and ended up with funny urls!

Isn't TAB supposed to tab to the next field? :) That's what it does in my browsers at least. Do you have a plugin installed that is taking over that behavior? If not, what browser are you using?

I'm still not sure I'm understanding this. Are you talking about a Page reference field, where you've set the PageAutocomplete as the Inputfield? That's the only autocomplete instance that is built into PW. But even if we're talking about that, I'm not sure how that connects to the URL? :) Is it possible we're talking about a web browser behavior rather than PW one?

Yes sorry Ryan it is browser autocompletion, I think EE somehow linked the title tag to the URL tag so that it updated even when using a browser autocompletion.

Certainly not a critical feature just wasn't sure if you were aware!

A screenshot speaks a thousand words....

post-502-0-87005200-1335203781_thumb.png

You are right, the picture answers it. Looks like your browser is supplying this auto completion and most likely doesn't trigger the event we're looking for when it does the auto completion. One thing you might try is after letting it populate the auto completion, hit the spacebar or some other key and see if that then makes it populate the URL tag?

I agree that it is somehow annoying. Not a major problem but when entering "s" it gets transfered to the page name, but the autocomplete doesn't.

Wouldn't it be easy to add a on change event instead of keyup? I think that would work.