Creating custom template user using API

Ivan Gretsky

I am using this wonderfull feature to create users with different templates and under different parents. Now I need to do it via API. Looking at the source code it seems like I can easilly create a user with alternative template. But is there a way to specify parent page?

Certainly I can get still just create the users as pages like here, but that does not read as well and does not allow me to use addRole().

Sometimes you need to spoil your forum karma to get your head working as it should)

My opinion: "it doesn't spoil your carma. You just show you're not afraid to be 'ignorant' in the open. That is a state where you show the others: 'I want to learn' and that is quite a strong one.

---

The reason it just works is just that User is extending Page, so User is a page with a few extra methods and stuff.

• Like 2

The reason it just works is just that User is extending Page, so User is a page with a few extra methods and stuff.

Yep, that's clear to me now. Thanks to PW I know some OOP. But I was confused by User constructor accepting template as parameter, but not accepting parent.

• Like 1

Yep, that's clear to me now. Thanks to PW I know some OOP. But I was confused by User constructor accepting template as parameter, but not accepting parent.

I didn't even know PHP could actually look like that. First time I was like, "what the heck with all those arrows?".