Newsletter Subscription

justb3a

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add, that if you want to create a real newsletter, services like MailChimp or Campaign Monitor offer more tools for editing, sending and statistics. ?

In my case I used this module for an automatically daily newsletter of job offers from a pages, which was enough for this module.

• 11 months later...

Uninstall of this module doesn't work:

Fatal Error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Roles::___delete() must be an instance of Page, string given, called in wire/core/Wire.php on line 397 and defined in wire/core/Roles.php:78

I only installed it, because module refresh gave a warning about a missing file from NewsletterSubscription - probably left-over from another install/uninstall attempt long time ago.

Is there another safe way to remove/uninstall modules?

19 hours ago, modifiedcontent said:

You could remove it directly from the database, but in this case I would recommend another route that is likely easier:

• Comment out or remove the ___uninstall() method from NewsletterSubscription.module.
  • Uninstall the module — this should now work as expected.
  • If you no longer need the "newsletter" role, go to Admin > Access > Roles and remove it manually. 
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 5:57 PM, modifiedcontent said:

When nothing else works, using Secure File Transfer Protocol, you could remote login to your PW /site/modules directory and remove the module that you need to uninstall.

remove-pw-module1.jpg.c73450d6f1d675aaf9da5d49262f7327.jpg