error 1045 trying to log as 'root' but I am a different 'user' in config

harinezumi

Hello,

when moving the site from a local to a remote server, I can't log in with the user+password set up in my config.php:

Fatal error: Exception: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (in /home/…/public_html/pw/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 216) #0 /home/…/public_html/pw/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(94): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config)) #1 /home/…/public_html/pw/index.php(232): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config)) #2 {main} in /home/…/public_html/pw/index.php on line 248

Why the hell is it trying to log in as 'root'@'localhost' when my config.php says:

/**
 * Database username
 */
$config->dbUser = 'myusername';
/**
 * Database password
 */
$config->dbPass = 'mypassword';
/**
 * Database host
 */
$config->dbHost = 'mydbname';

Should'nt it send a request as 'myusername'? Why 'root'?

I tested many advice found in the forum without any luck:

export+import tables only, setting the local server with same username, db name and password, deleting cache…

The site is in a subdir (pw) so I also edited the .htaccess as in http://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/troubleshooting-guide/page3 (I did it on the .htaccess in the subdir, not the main dir).

Thank you

Maybe try copying the User Authentication Salt from the local to remote server location

/**
 * Installer: User Authentication Salt 
 * Must be retained if you migrate your site from one server to another
 */
$config->userAuthSalt = 'xxxxxxxyourusersaltxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 

Maybe try copying the User Authentication Salt from the local to remote server location

/**
 * Installer: User Authentication Salt 
 * Must be retained if you migrate your site from one server to another
 */
$config->userAuthSalt = 'xxxxxxxyourusersaltxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 

userAuthSalt is for PW's login system, but the error in the OP comes from MySQL. A few ideas to check: there might be another line further down in config.php where dbUser is set; something fishy may have gone on with the config file during the upload and it contains invalid characters; the entry for $dbUser in the mysql.user table may be limitied to 127.0.0.1 or % instead of localhost.

userAuthSalt is for PW's login system, but the error in the OP comes from MySQL. A few ideas to check: there might be another line further down in config.php where dbUser is set; something fishy may have gone on with the config file during the upload and it contains invalid characters; the entry for $dbUser in the mysql.user table may be limitied to 127.0.0.1 or % instead of localhost.

I thought it should be on the config.php, because it always tryies to connect as root - so why shall the problem be on the database side?

I checked config.php: it has only one $config->dbUser - nothing happened.

Both? do you mean local and remote? local has the the $config->dbUser, dbPass and dbHost all empty ''

But WAIT, now locally I get the error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$homepage' (T_VARIABLE) in /share/MD0_DATA/Web/en/site/templates/_init.php on line 37

what's going on????

:-(

I swear I dind't change a file locally (I added a user in the db)