How to switch profile from "beginner" to "default" without new install?

dlen

Dear forists,

I just installed pw, using the site profile "site-beginner", having unchecked all others.

Now I'd like to explore the "site-default" profile but found out fast, that just replacing the /site/ - directory content by the content of the /processwire-master/site-default/ directory leads only to 404s.

This is of course because I replaced this way also the config.php, which throws away the database connection parameters.

Are there any other aspects to consider?

Or is a quick reinstall the best way to switch site profiles?

Any positive comment welcome.

Dominik

Those profiles do not only consist of the files you find in the site folder after the install, but more importantly of sql files, which initially populate the database. These sql files can be different depending in the profile you're installing (blank being a lot smaller then e.g. multilanguage). So the best way to switch is really a fresh reinstall.

wow thanks for the quick answer!

It takes only 3-4 minutes to reinstall, if the directory is once empty.

The latter is a problem with ftp. I logged into the site admin interface of the provider, which has a file manager, and allows to accomplish the complete delete in 2 s.

Hi, and welcome to Processwire.

The latter is a problem with ftp

Using your cpanel filemanager or do it your self with zip over ftp goes many times faster when working online on a host.

Now I'd like to explore the "site-default" profile

The intermediate profile with delayed output is the most interesting one to work with. It let's you setup any website with the most efficient structure

Starting to learn processwire is best done locally with an apache/mysql stack (lamp,wamp,mamp,etc.)

You can use the Site Profile Exporter module for easy switching between your own websites as a profie

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-export-profile/

• Like 1