PrevNextTabs

Macrura

On 11/14/2017 at 11:39 PM, tpr said:

Yes, as it takes the custom sort order into account, that you can set in the Children tab of the parent page. By default it falls back to"sort".

@tprThe docs say:

If your parent page(s) are not already sorting by a specific field, you may still tell the $pages->find() to sort by the parent's order by specifying "sort=sort" in your selector

http://processwire.com/api/selectors/#sort

so i would guess that all you need is sort=sort, and not the way you suggested (?)

No, that tells that you always need to add sort=sort to ensure the admin sort order. I've used sort=sort in aos but noticed that custom sort order needs additional work. You can check it by adding a custom sort order to the parent page, and then see how the prev-next link targets are out of sync.

23 hours ago, tpr said:

No, that tells that you always need to add sort=sort to ensure the admin sort order. I've used sort=sort in aos but noticed that custom sort order needs additional work. You can check it by adding a custom sort order to the parent page, and then see how the prev-next link targets are out of sync.

ok thanks - gonna fix this next.

• 2 years later...

The module has been updated and now loads the prev/next links via ajax, which should hopefully solve any issues with the module potentially slowing down the page editor load.

The work of finding the prev/next pages is handled by an ajax request after the editor is loaded. Been tested on all 3 admin themes, with link locations in breadcrumbs and in tabs.

• Like 1