pwFoo

WireHttp vs custom module?

At the moment I do some tests with a jsonapi and wrote a simple client before I found the WireHttp module:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/blob/master/wire/core/WireHttp.php

1. jsonapi needs also PATCH (edit, update) and DELETE method. I opened an issue at github for that. Maybe Ryan could add these two methods.

2. WireHttp isn't hookable. That was my second feature request, because it would be great to hook into the module to check response and renew the api token if needed. 

patch() and delete() could be added as hook or by extend the WireHttp class, but added as native feature would be great.

Anyone use the WireHttp class? I wrote a simple module to handle api requests before I found the WireHttp class. Would you recommend to switch to the WireHttp or use a custom json api module (based on file_get_contents() for example)?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pwFoo
      Hi, I try to convert a rest api client to WireHttp and seaching for the option?
      verify=false // curl --insecure, self signed certificates
      Haven't found such a option in api documentation or source code (quick search...).
      Are self signed certificates supported by WireHttp?
    • By pwFoo
      I try to integrate Flarum forum with PW via JSONAPI. First tests are fine (register user, create discussions, get data, ...).
      To get a valide token I send the username and password as a api call. If auth was successful I'll get the uid and a token back. This token have to be renewed after 30 minutes.
      To get the token I need username and (plain!) password. So how should I save the user credentials / handle the users? 
      Just additional fields in the user profile username, password, token and uid as array (serialized + base64 encoded) Sync PW users with the remote app (hook PW auth and send a auth request via API call -> token returned = login OK) 1 and 2 would be flexible, but user credentials are saved as plain text!
      3 is a secure solution (no plain credentials needed), but PW have to use a remote user backend / auth and maybe some things could be less flexible...
      Do you see any problems with that solution? Could it break features / modules?