Happy Holidays! And a small surprise ;)

diogo

Nice work Diogo! True story, I actually had a dream last night that I went into a big fancy department store to do Christmas shopping and there was a metal plaque on the door that said "Design by Ed". When I went in, everything was super minimal and modern like an Apple store, but much more so. It was like all the products for sale, and all the customers, were treated with the highest amount of respect by the designer. But here's the kicker, it was snowing in the store! (this was last night, well before you posted this)

No snow for us here either. Our Christmas day forecast is rainy and 75 degrees (24c). That's too hot to even use the fireplace. Bummer. 

• Like 4

Nice! We'll have a nice christmas here sitting together by the light of the lappy enjoying the hot air coming from the CPU :)

Technology gets so complex that I won't wonder if the next version of PW will be written in pure CSS :)

• Like 1

Btw what's the meaning of the white circles moving top-down?  :P

:D:P

True story, I actually had a dream last night that I went into a big fancy department store to do Christmas shopping and there was a metal plaque on the door that said "Design by Ed".

I hope the products were nice :)

But here's the kicker, it was snowing in the store! (this was last night, well before you posted this)

Really? That's crazy! Last night was when we were finishing this, maybe there was some telepathic transmission ;)

It makes cpu usage (A10-7300 3.2Ghz with 4cores on my laptop) go up from 7 to 32 %

On the other side, this is a much smaller download than a video. And it's responsive.

Erika is your partner in graphics design right ?

Right!

• Like 1

I had a dream that I was locked in a fancy store full of strange amber liquid and as I stared into the golden abyss a passing stranger brushed away the fluffy snow to show the words...

Oh, sorry, that wasn't a dream - I fell into my Weissbier last night. Just remembered.

Happy Crimble!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Had some fun yesterday implementing an small easter egg in one of my websites: Let it snow on your website based on if it is actually snowing in your location. :lol:

I use the Weather Underground API and jQuery Snowfall for this. Previously I used OpenWeatherMap for checking the weather, but they want to charge you for access over SSL.

Here is what my easter egg looks like:

$.ajax({
	// Debug with North Pole
	// url : "//api.wunderground.com/api/YourAPIKey/conditions/q/AK/North_Pole.json",
	url : "//api.wunderground.com/api/YourAPIKey/conditions/q/Country/City.json",
	dataType : "jsonp",
	success : function(parsed_json) {
		var weather = parsed_json.current_observation.weather;
		var flakeCount = 0;

if (weather === "Snow") {
			flakeCount = 100;
		} else if (weather === "Snow Showers") {
			flakeCount = 75
		}

$(document).snowfall({
			round: true,
			minSize: 5,
			maxSize: 10,
			flakeCount: flakeCount
		});
	}
});

Too bad it isn't currently snowing where I live, but maybe soon. ;)

Regards, Andreas

Edited by AndZyk
Changed request
  • Like 5