How to get subfields or properties if fieldtype is unknown. Helpful Snippet

kixe

I was struggling a bit getting all subfields of a field if type is unknown. I made a small function for use in templates which returns an array() of all properties of (maybe any?) pagefieldvalue.
If there is something similar in core (which I couldn't find) please let me know.
Tested it with Fiedtype Options, Page, ProfieldsTable.
Feel free to use it. :)

/**
 * ProcessWire UsefulSnippets
 * How to get all properties, subfields of any field if you don't know the type only if value is set
 * @return array
 */

function getProperties($fieldvalue) {
// multiple value field
if ($fieldvalue instanceof WireArray) {
    $result = array();
    foreach ($fieldvalue as $subfieldvalue) {
        $result[] = getProperties($subfieldvalue);
    }
    return $result;
// single value field with subfields
} else if ($fieldvalue instanceof WireData) return get_object_vars($fieldvalue->getIterator());
// single value field
else return $fieldvalue;
}

// Example
var_dump(getProperties($page->myfield));
  • Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By opalepatrick
      I am working on my first Process Module. I am creating forms. Fairly straightforward. However, I really can't work out how to create multiple fieldsets?
      $fieldset = $this->modules->get('InputfieldFieldset'); $fieldset->label = 'Customer Source'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1449, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'yff-lead'; $field->name = 'yfflead'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1452, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'customer-type'; $field->name = 'customertype'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); //Rinse and Repeat $fieldset->label = 'Contacts'; $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $field->inputfield = 'InputfieldSelect'; $field->findPagesSelector = 'parent_id=1538, include=hidden'; $field->labelFieldName = 'salutation'; $field->name = 'salutation'; $field->columnWidth = 16; $fieldset->add($field); I can create the first fieldset (Customer Source) but then get into trouble as the second fieldset overwrites the first. I understand why, but trying to use the open and close fieldset routine has flummoxed me. Any help appreciated.
    • By Neue Rituale
      https://github.com/neuerituale/FieldtypeOembed
      or in the modules directory: https://processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-oembed/
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum, we're trying to use Processwire as our REST-API. We are having problems with our API login to Processwire from frontend. It gives us 403 error.
      We have installed ProcessWire to subdirectory (/api/*) and our frontend is static JS files at root ( / ). Apache access logs gives 404 to our POST-request, but browser devtools shows 403 for our POST /api/login request. 
      Processwire backend panel works. We also have a GET endpoint for the API that returns 200 with correct payload.  So we're wondering why does our GET works but POST doesn't?
      Does this have something to do with Processwire .htaccess, or is this because of our webhost? What should we check first? Any help would be appreciated.
    • By sambadave
      Hi there
      Short version of question
      Let's say I have a page in the admin that contains a field... Is it possible to output the content from that field on another page in the admin? Almost like a reference.
      Longer version of question (with example)
      A house builder with multiple (60+) developments. They want to be able to create notices/messages that can be added to one or many developments. Handy for things like regional covid lockdowns or temporary office closures due to bad weather.
      My approach for the admin editing options:
      Add each message to each development
      Pros: You edit the message on the development page in context
      Cons: Very time consuming and repetitive if the same message needs to be applied to 60+ developments
        Control all the messages from one admin page and say which development each message should be applied to
      Pros: Easier to add/remove messages to more than one development at a time. Control all messages from one place.
      Cons: Content is not added on development page, which is where typical admin users may expect to find it I went for option 2 due to flexibility, and created a page within the admin for global development notices. This contains a repeater with:
      Field for message to display Checkbox list of all developments. The user can select which ones to apply each message to It's working really well but the only thing is that if the user goes to a specific development in the admin, the relevant messages aren't displayed in context (as they aren't edited on that page and instead on the global development notices page)... which may cause confusion when a new staff member / content admin tries to edit the text but there is no field when they go to the development admin page where they expect to see it...
      Solution???
      I don't require the message(s) to also be editable on the development page, but I wondered if there was a nice way to show it/them somehow. I feel like I am missing something really simple as I'm sure ProcessWire will have a nice way of achieving this, or maybe there are field settings that allow this kind of thing to happen?
      Any ideas on approaches or similar experiences would be much appreciated, even if it is just a much simpler example with the content from one field being shown on another admin page to get the ball rolling.
      Thanks in advance for any advice :)
    • By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.