Export site data in PW2.3

benbyf

HI!

Having real issues exporting from 2.3 to 2.6.

Moving to a new server as current one is runing php 5.3.3.

The PW2.3 install wont support modules site profile export or pw upgrade. I've tried moving wholesale the files and db to the new server with php 7 but getting this error from MySQL on import:

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `fieldgroups` (
  `id` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET ascii NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

MySQL said: Documentation
#1075 - Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

Any help would be ace.

I would upgrade not all at once (PHP, MySQL, PW) and not in such big steps (PHP 5.3 => PHP 7).

But you don't need to update PW in small steps. I would (and have done by myself several times) let the site (copy?) on a server with PHP 5.3 and only change the wire folder with 2.7 stable and also the 2.7 index.php and the 2.7 htaccess file. Before that, backup the DB!! After that, goto the admin and login. If there are errors, just reload the page 3-5 times and go to modules and do a refresh. After that, everything core related should be up to date. But you may run into some issues with third party modules or with body fields in your site. AFAIR, PW 2.3 uses not the CKEditor. Your body fields, if any, will throw errors or warnings.

If you have those fields, I would do one intermediate step:

before upgrading, I would load ckeditor as site module into the PW 2.3 installation. Then bind all textarea fields to it, instead to the older editor. Do another DB backup! and then go ahead and change wire to PW 2.7. After your site is running properly on PW 2.7, PHP 5.3 and the older MySQL, change the PHP version and the mysql.

• Like 1