Strange Ckeditor/js anomaly

asbjorn

I recently noticed a strange problem in my body field. I have a multilanguage setup with Norwegian and English. And I am using Ckeditor. The strange problem was that the (inline) toolbar wouldn't show on Norwegian, neither would text input in Norwegian be saved. English worked fine though.

I tried this and that. And at last I found that using custom editor JS styles set was the error. Simply removing the path to my file made this work again. During all this I logged on and off a couple of times when testing.

But since I hadn't edited the JS for a long time, I wanted to know what was the specific problem. So I removed some and all of the content in the JS (which I had named ckeditor.js by the way). And I logged on and off during each time. But nothing would work.

One last shot was to rename my custom JS file named ckeditor.js to something like mystyles.js. And it worked again, with all the same content as before.

I have no idea why this "suddenly" went wrong, and why a rename seemed to fix it.

I might have something to do with modules, a migration of the site (I cleared the sessions folder though). ProCache? Updating to 2.7.1 (from 2.6.x) didn't fix the problem. So I am at a loss as of why. But I am sharing this in case anyone else have been experiencing something similar. And because I couldn't find any answers on the issue.