gebeer

Get cleartext password in hook

Hello,

I am trying to get the cleartext password in a hook on saveReady in an autoload module. But I get the already hashed value of the password:

Session: pass: L1/CERxHKqXJCJkogk89O48b4bMnsqW

What I have

protected $templates = ["user", "server"];

public function init() {

$this->pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', $this, 'hookSaveReady');

}

public function hookSaveReady(HookEvent $event) {

$page = $event->arguments[0];

if($page->isNew) return;

if(!in_array($page->template, $this->templates)) return;

if($page instanceof User)  $this->collectUserData($page);

}

public function collectUserData($page) {

foreach ($page->fields as $field) {
			/*if( $page->isChanged($field) ) */$this->message($field->name . ": " . $page->$field);
		}

}

I guess I am hooking too late in the process but have no idea where to place the hook instead.

EDIT: same with addHookBefore

The password is never stored as plaintext, the latest hook you can get it Password::setPass, which does the hashing as soon as a password is set as field value.

• Like 1

That helped, thank you!

EDIT: For security reasons I don't post my solution here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Paul Greinke
      Hi there. I wrote a custom module for one of my projects. In fact I maybe want to use my module in other projects too. In order to be variable and customizable  I need to implement some custom hooks into my module. So I can afterwards hook into the my functions in order to modify them to match the needs of the new project.
      I tried simply defining functions with the '__' prefix. But that did not work. I'm imagining something like the following:
      <?php class MyClass { public function ___someFunction() { // Do something } } // ready.php $this->addHookBefore('MyClass::someFunction', function($event) { // some customization }); Is there a way to accomplish that? 
    • By Lewis Newson
      Hi All,
      Im working on streamlining my email sending setup for SMTP. I have a page where the user of the website can input the SMTP host, port, connection type email and password etc but the password field has an additional box underneath it for 'Confirming' it as if it were a new password. The placeholder text also says 'New Password' but I want to be able to change that. I just need an input field where they can enter their SMTP password without it being plain text.
      Thanks for your help!
    • By picarica
      Hello so am trying to make a hook so that all checkbox field is defaul;ty checked when making new page, soo i made hook in init.php and the contents are
      <?php $wire->addHookAfter("Pages::added", function($event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); // check for page template if necessary here $page->checkboxfield('check', 1); }); ?> and what i get
      which is weird because "table" is a repeat field where checkboxfield is nowhere present, but table repeat field and checkboxfield are in the same template, so why does it outputs error like that? any ideas ?
    • By jploch
      Hi folks,
      i try to use a hook to change some markup inside admin, this hook works fine inside a ready.php file, but its not working inside my module:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; class InputfieldPageTableExtendedGrid extends InputfieldPageTable { public static function getModuleInfo() { return array( 'title' => __('Inputfield for PageTableExtendedGrid', __FILE__), // Module Title 'summary' => __('Adds Inputfield for PageTableExtendedGrid', __FILE__), // Module Summary 'version' => 233, 'requires' => array('FieldtypePageTableExtendedGrid'), 'permanent' => false, ); } public function ready() { $this->addHookAfter('Page::render', function($event) { $value = $event->return; // Return Content $style = "<style type='text/css'>". $this->pages->get((int) wire('input')->get('id'))->style ."</style>"; // Add Style inside bottom head $event->return = str_replace("</head>", "\n\t$style</head>", $value); // Return All Changes }); } } whats wrong here?
    • By Tyssen
      I have a client who is reporting that in the last couple of days they can no longer login to their site with their normal browser (Chrome). Using another browser or an incognito window works.
      I've tried logging into the site using the same login details in my usual browser (Firefox) and have had no problems.
      The site is a membership site and today other members are reporting the same problem.
      The site is running 3.0.148 and has the session handler DB and login throttle modules installed. It was recently upgraded to 3.x from 2.x. But no changes have been made to the site between the time when they were able to login OK and when the problem started happening.