Steeze-Kiteboarding Website

pixelschiff.net

Moin Moin, hello and terre!

The focus of this website is the large amount of high quality kitesurfing videos and tricks.

I choosed that niche because I'm a kiteboarder and there was no site which was focussed on kitesurf media.

So... here it is: http://www.steeze-kiteboarding.de/

steeze.jpg

This was my first website with PW and I think i fell in love  :-*

I wrote some modules for my own... for example to display the images with a "watersign" directly through the input of the vimeo/youtube URL and convert these URLs for my iframes.

Have fun!

Feedback, haters and fans are welcome!

Best regards!

• Like 9

I'm not a surfer but also starting with processwire at the moment. The site looks fresh but not too fresh and is not the old menu at the top thing ;-)

One thing I came across: If I resize the browser to a mobile size the first entry "spots and forecasts" is hidden at the top.

Regards

Mister M

Could you give some insights from the handling of the sessionblogs - have you created a frontend UI for this or did they use the PW backend.

For me i would change the topnavi to some simple black fitting icons above the "hotbox" so you have two navigation areas left and top right - the topnav bar now don't hit the design of the rest and is little bit irritation while i have to look left and right - but that is as always just a personal point of view ;)

The most important thing is that you've found Processwire and have fun - all things that are build while having fun in general are mostly not that bad!

Best regards mr-fan

Could you give some insights from the handling of the sessionblogs - have you created a frontend UI for this or did they use the PW backend.

The user is abled to create his own profile and then he can post his last sessions via UI.

sblog.jpg

Every user got his own subpage in the PW backend and there he can store his sessions without using the PW backend in his browser.

The spots and tricks are dynamic generated out of the spot and trick list with an auto-completer. If the user is entering an unknown spot, I'll get a mail with it and can put it to the map.

The user is also abled to declare his blog as a private blog, just for members or visible to everyone.

Thank you for your comments!

I'm planning a relaunch of the website (make it wider and full responsive) and I'm happy about your feedback, so I can transfer it to the relaunch.

Best regards!

Edited by pixelschiff.net
  • Like 1