Events management/modules

a-ok

Hi folks,

I'm scoping out a job and as part of the site they would like an 'Events' section. I have done quite a few of these which vary in complexities, but they are a client that has come from Wordpress and mentioned a 'Events Manager' plugin (http://wp-events-plugin.com/) which they used mainly for the following: 

• Allow online booking
  • Create reports about attendees
  • Send group reminders/confirmation

I'm wondering if there's anything that ProcessWire can do that is similar? I guess, per event, the user would select a number of tickets, include their name and perhaps some other information, then it would store this in the admin area somewhere – perhaps a form connected to a specific event? Then they could export this data to see everyone who is attending etc? Group reminders/confirmation I'm unsure about but any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

R

The calendar plugin (there is also a normal calendar) that can be used alongside Events Manager is using jQuery FullCalendar, already mentioned in the Forums.

There is also a "small version" calendar for a sidebar, for example.

demo.wp-events-plugin.com

We need the same for ProcessWire...

I made an events page with PW where users can sign up for events. Every signup is stored as a page in PW. Reports for events/attendees can be managed through Lister Pro.

You could code your own Action for Lister Pro without too much hassle for sending out group reminders/confirmation.

• Like 1

I made an events page with PW where users can sign up for events. Every signup is stored as a page in PW. Reports for events/attendees can be managed through Lister Pro.

You could code your own Action for Lister Pro without too much hassle for sending out group reminders/confirmation.

Not a bad idea. I've done something similar with Forms before (storing as page etc.) but I'm intrigued with how you use Lister Pro for reports?

I' m not quite sure what you mean by reports.

I am using Lister Pro to show all the signup pages that were stored for the events. They can then be filtered and sorted by event, by signup date etc. Possibilities are almost endless and depend on your specific scenario. It is definitely worth reading up on what Lister Pro can do. In particular interesting are the lister pro actions. You can export lists to CSV and more. This might sound like I am advertising the module here. And, hell yeah, I do because I find lister pro really useful and well worth the money :P

• Like 2

• 8 months later...