paradiesli.net

dragan

2-3 years in the making (content-wise, not development) - and now finally live:

http://paradiesli.net/

The site is in german only (though the initial idea was to have a french version too). 

It's a simple site, no black magic frontend- or backend-wise, but I quite like it. Mainly lots and lots of pictures, fullstretch background images and a simple navigation.

btw - "Paradiesli" would translate into something like "little paradise". If you'd like to know more, here's a little summary in english.

paradiesli-01.jpg

• Like 6

If I increase your padding to 80px like here:

body {
    background: #222 none repeat scroll 0% 0%;
    color: #FFF;
    padding: 80px;
    margin: 0px;
    font-family: "Helvetica Neue","Helvetica",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 1;
    position: relative;
    font-style: normal;
}

the bottom now looks normal so hopefully this indicates where to look.

post-1069-0-62497800-1448111475_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I don't notice this  "bottom" issue, using Firefox (41.0.2) for Linux Mint. The screen resolution is 2560x1440.

Using Firefox's Web Developer Tools in Adapative Responsive mode *, I can't reproduce it.

Same with Chromium, or Opera.

But I've noticed that, for the homepage for example, at the very beginning the footer is close to the content, and then it moves to the bottom of the window (and becomes (almost) hidden), leaving a lot of space between them. We have to scroll down to see the footer.

Nice pictures/photos/images!

I'll take a closer look at the website later (with the help of google translator).

Edit: I've just seen the problem now... after having clicked (on) the browser's Minimize icon.

It happens (at least for me) starting at 1223px/under 1224px (width) *.

In #footer, changing from height: 3em; to height: 100%; or height: auto; seems to fix the problem.

NB: are you aware of the message displayed during a few seconds over the map on the Kontakt page?

I've just noticed it when opening it, out of curiosity, while closing tabs related to your website.

sidebar:

hmm, font-size 12px in the sidebar ul is not very user-friendy. Hard to pick with the cursor.

Depending on the changing background-images the color contrast is low (#2ba6cb).

In the screenshot above the small images are round. At the site the images are square. Getting round with hover. Intentional?

Around width smaller 1230px there's no more background image, only dark-grey color.

Tested with Win 7, Firefox 42

I don't notice this  "bottom" issue, using Firefox (41.0.2) for Linux Mint. The screen resolution is 2560x1440.

Using Firefox's Web Developer Tools in Adapative mode *, I can't reproduce it.

Same with Chromium, or Opera.

But I've noticed that, for the homepage for example, at the very beginning the footer is close to the content, and then it moves to the bottom of the window (and becomes (almost) hidden), leaving a lot of space between them. We have to scroll down to see the footer.

I can confirm that on FF41.0.2 Linux Mint at 1920x1055.

The issue with the footer moving down is related to the stickyFooter.js which applies a margin-top: 137px; once it kicks in.

I always had troubles with sticky footer js plugins. Since I found this nice CSS solution: http://mystrd.at/modern-clean-css-sticky-footer/, I am happy.

It requires a fixed height for the footer, but you already have that.

Nice slideshow(s) implementation!

@dragan: what do you think of display: block; for the top menu links for widths under 830px (Firefox's Web Developer Tools in Responsive mode)?

We don't have to forget that we don't know the context in which a website was created...

(I'll have to show some websites here one day...)