quickjeff

Giving access to change created user to non superusers

Hi Guys, 

I have a site that I built for a software company.

The site has someone that will be managing the blog which is in ProcessWire now. 

Here is my question, I need to give the user's role the ability to change the created user for a page however, ProcessWire template settings only allows me to add this capability to the superuser. 

Any suggestions? Workaround ?

Thanks. 

Does it really need to be the created field and not simply an page field, where one can select the author?

Well - Kongondos module, Blog. It uses Created by User in Settings to display the author. 

Then maybe something like this to show such a user selection and instead of saving it to a custom field overwrite the created user: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/11069-sorting-images-in-backend/?p=103687 Alterntively you could also use a real field and use a hook to Pages::saveReady to update the created field.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DanielKit
      Hi. I'm currently stuck at the login page in my project. Once I enter my admin username and my password and press login, nothing happens. The page just reloads. However, the URL changes from http://myipaddress/processwire to http://myipaddress/processwire/?login=1. I've checked all of my server settings, and to my knowledge, all seems to be fine there. I don't know where to go from here.. Thanks in advance!
    • By VeiJari
      Hi, this is the first we are trying to make a page that has only one type of user that has access to every page. 
      The other users should only have a given access to specific pages, not to the whole template.
      My structure
      -Field -Organisation -Project -Report I want that the "measurer" role only has access to "project x" and it's children, but no view access to every project, organisation or field. I've tried to do this with https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-edit-per-user/ but it still needs a view access to the whole tree to see the "project x" page. Or is there something I haven't figured out?
      Maybe I have to make it via the API: a select field in the "organisation" template where the admins could add the users and then I use hook to update the privileges?
      Have you done something like this and how did you accomplish it?
      Any help would be appreciated.

• By modifiedcontent
      Small annoyance: I get a horizontal scrollbar in UIkit admin area - or actually Admin Theme Boss based on Uikit 3. I tried to fix it with CSS, but had trouble isolating/targeting it and don't want to mess with module or core files. I think this issue has been reported before. Is there a recommended fix? 
    • By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      Before I go potentially wasting time trying to achieve the impossible.
      Can anyone confirm if its possible to have a Page Reference field on a modules config page?
      I'm wanting to essentially just output a list of select able pages based on the a given selector (likely by template at this stage), wherein the select is the pages that the module should apply to etc. I was thinking a simple checkbox list would suffice is asmSelect isn't available.
      Essentially have it display the same way a Page Reference field would display on a template, where you can easily select a bunch of them.
      public function getInputfields() { $inputfields = parent::getInputfields(); $f = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage'); $f->attr('name', 'testSelect'); $f->setAttribute('multiple', 'checkboxes'); $f->setAttribute('findPagesSelector', 'template=development'); $f->label = 'Test'; $inputfields->add($f); return $inputfields; } Figured something akin to the above would work but can't seem to get rid of this warning on the modules config screen though.