Site for a German independent lifestyle magazine

diogo

Hi guys. We just launched our most recent work

https://www.the-weekender.com/

This is a really nice and carefully crafted magazine! Worth buying, especially for German speakers ;)

--

The site is responsive as always, and prepared for two languages, although only German is available at the launching.

And most importantly, this is our first Padloper powered web shop. Thanks Antii!

Besides Padloper, we used Soma's color picker for the coloured backgrounds and the Multiplier Profield for all the listings.

If you notice anything wrong in any browser, please tell.

Suggestions are welcomed, as usual :)

• Like 17

Hi diogo,

really nice site, your minimalistic style fits really well to the artistic magazine and i love the typography.

As a little sidenote, i noticed a little glitch when viewing at smaller width: the "hamburger" and shop icon are placed over text when scrolling.

post-508-0-82431600-1447869458_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your comments!

As a little sidenote, i noticed a little glitch when viewing at smaller width: the "hamburger" and shop icon are placed over text when scrolling.

That's actually supposed to be a nice detail :), hope it doesn't come across as a mistake a lot...

Now that's a nice one :) I almost did write a analysis about the magazine for one of my courses as university. 

Really? That would be an nice work :)

• Like 1

So sleek and minimal, I love it. I suppose my only critique would be on pages where there is a magazine pages view on the top, it wasn't immediately apparent how I should interact with the images. My first attempt had me trying to click and drag and then I noticed the cursor switch to <----> at the edges of the image frame. 

I have to stress though, this is a slick site and loads so fast even in the US.

Also it is great to see you using padloper, I would love to hear about what you did to implement it in this way as I am going to be using it and would love to have a similar implementation.

Very nice looking site!

Another responsive issue, or maybe a feature :) - just before it breaks from two items per row to one, the cart icon is no longer sticky - it is sticky on larger screens and on phone sized screens, but it looks like around small tablet size it is just up top. Does that make sense? Let me know if you need a screenshot.

I suppose my only critique would be on pages where there is a magazine pages view on the top, it wasn't immediately apparent how I should interact with the images. My first attempt had me trying to click and drag and then I noticed the cursor switch to <----> at the edges of the image frame. 

Thanks for telling, We will take this into account and think of making it more obvious.

Another responsive issue, or maybe a feature :) - just before it breaks from two items per row to one, the cart icon is no longer sticky - it is sticky on larger screens and on phone sized screens, but it looks like around small tablet size it is just up top. Does that make sense? Let me know if you need a screenshot.

Good point. I made it fixed.