Unable to create new pages from page editor

ragnarokkr

Hi all, friends.

Still here to fight against problems I can't figure out (yet :-[ ). I've looked for a solution into the forum but seems I'm not able to find the solution, still.

I'm finding myself to fight with this weird issue where I've users with (finally) correct permissions to access and edit the pages they created, then I've have some fields in my template (which I want my users are able to create from the field directly) where parent and template (and selectors for having ordered items to choose from)  are correctly set up (I think), but for some weird reason I can't create pages (the link doesn't appear as it should) from these fields.

Already tried to adjust permissions for roles and fields, but with no positive results.

Hope in your help (as usual  :lol: )

Hi,

I'm sorry, I read it three times and don't think I understand your scenario  ;)

Are your users not seeing the correct pages in a Page field where they can create new pages?

If so, can you explain the setup of this field and the setup of your permissions?

Hi,

sorry, I think I've made a little mess with the description of my problem  :lol:

Basically, I've set the required permissions for my role:

post-3045-0-53219700-1447406812_thumb.jp

Then, I've made a select field where I set the parent, template, and selectors to retrieve the sorted list of items:

post-3045-0-29319500-1447406811_thumb.jp

For this field I also have enabled the Allow new pages to be created from field option.

My problem is that the link to create the new pages doesn't appear when users with the previously specified role are logged in.

I know that this link works only if parent and template are set for the required field, so I double checked it to be sure all the required conditions were satisfied, but I'm still not able to obtain the link.

I hope to have been able to clarify more my problem  :unsure:

Thanks for your time  ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked (logged in with a test user of that role) that the user can actually create a child page under Categorie? If they can, then you know it's a problem with the Page field config, but if not, then it's a template level permission problem.

Hi @adrian, yep I did it.

Logged in with browser's incognito mode (just to be sure not having some cookie problem) as the user the role was set for. They can create child pages under the allowed parent pages. They can also use the Add New button for creating new child pages, but the Create New link inside the page editor doesn't appears. (I know it's not a big issue to go back to the root page and create pages with the button, but I really prefer to make the users able to just insert new categories/tags via Create New link.)

I already tried to edit the permissions in every way I could think to, and I've no template-level permissions set, but still can't have that link to appear for the users.  :(