Tree nav showing wrong pages in endless loop

sambadave

Hey folks. My client has just mentioned that they can't add any pages on their site. I went to have a look and it appears that the tree nav is all over the place. For some reason my tree nav is caught in an endless loop where random admin specific pages keep repeating inside? It goes on for ever. When you click in to a page it uses the same page id, regardless of where in the tree nav you select it from so I'm scared to go deleting pages.

Can anyone help me here?

post-2085-0-32117800-1447267481_thumb.pn

Hi MuchDev. Thanks for helping out. I'm using version 2.5.3.

I was using Firefox but just tried in Chrome too and the same problem exists there too.

I'll try and upgrade and let you know how I get on. Do you think there's a good chance that upgrading would fix this? I wasn't sure if "Menus" might be some sort of admin specific name and that's why all the admin pages have jumped in there?

The error log is saying this (I've masked out my site url):

2015-11-11 17:09:34    admin      Module ProcessPageEdit failed init - Unknown page
2015-11-11 17:09:34    admin      Module ProcessPageEdit failed init - Unknown page
2015-11-11 17:09:34    admin      Error:     Call to a member function is() on a non-object (line 106 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module)
2015-11-11 17:09:37    admin      Module ProcessPageEdit failed init - Unknown page
2015-11-11 17:09:37    admin      Module ProcessPageEdit failed init - Unknown page
2015-11-11 17:09:37    admin      Error:     Call to a member function is() on a non-object (line 106 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module)
2015-11-11 17:09:38    admin      Module ProcessPageEdit failed init - Unknown page
2015-11-11 17:09:38    admin      Module ProcessPageEdit failed init - Unknown page
2015-11-11 17:09:38    admin      Error:     Call to a member function is() on a non-object (line 106 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module)
2015-11-11 17:12:18    admin      Error:     Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (line 165 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/core/Field.php)
2015-11-11 17:12:18    ?      Error:     Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away (in /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/core/DatabaseQuery.php line 91)
2015-11-11 17:12:18    ?      Error:     Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away (in /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/core/DatabaseQuery.php line 91)
2015-11-11 17:14:06    admin      Error:     Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (line 922 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/core/Pages.php)
2015-11-11 17:16:03    admin      Error:     Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (line 933 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/core/Pages.php)
2015-11-11 18:13:22    admin      Error:     Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (line 938 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/core/Pages.php)
2015-11-11 19:04:56    admin      Error:     Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (line 677 of /home/viceroyf/public_html/wire/core/Page.php)

Well I can't say for sure that upgrading will fix it per say, but it shouldn't hurt and it will give you access to all of the great work that has gone into processwire since that version. Just make sure that you don't update to version 3.0, I would stick with stable (currently 2.6.1). 

Thanks MuchDev.

I don't appear to be getting the crazy never ending page tree now which is great. I can edit pages fine, but still can't add pages without getting the following error after clicking "save" on the "Add New" screen.

Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (line 1896 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/viceroy/wire/core/Pages.php)

I wouldn't have thought ProcessWire would be struggle to create a page in 30 seconds?

Sorry folks, I'm having no luck tonight. I can't add any new pages, fields or templates... and I'm not sure if there are any other hidden errors that I haven't come across yet.

I'm no SQL expert here but after a bit of looking around I think my database might have fudged at some point (most likely when I was exporting / importing). The client hasn't had to create any new pages until now so I think it's been hiding for a while.

It appears to have something to do with auto incrementing and primary keys. Like I say I'm no expert here so after a little bit of editing in phpmyadmin I've managed to sort out some of the problems. I'm not 100% confident with any of the changes I've made and I'm not sure if there might be a lot of other stuff under the bonnet that I'm not aware of that still needs looked at.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how I can begin to fix this?

Hi sambadave,

Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded (line 1896 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/viceroy/wire/core/Pages.php)

Can you post the code around this line in Pages.php? I'm not sure on which version you are now.

If it's database related, and the database is corrupt: Generate a DB-Dump either via console or export in phpMyAdmin, create a new table and import the dump again.

Then either copy the ProcessWire installation and edit the credentials in site/config.php to match the new db name/user/password, or do the same on the live-site. Maybe it fixes your problem?

Cheers

Hi Wanze, thanks for the tips. I updated to 2.6.1 and I'm not receiving the error you quoted any more thankfully.

I also tried your other tips but with no luck. I'm a bit closer to a solution though.

Although editing existing pages was completely fine I was having a lot of bother creating new pages, new fields, new modules etc. After a bit of googling I was able to set auto increment for primary key in those tables which has fixed a lot of the issues as far as I'm aware. For some reason though I still can't create new templates. I'm getting the following error after trying to add a new template in PW:

Session: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

I assumed like the others that this was coming from the templates table so I've set "id" to auto_increment. It doesn't fix my problem though and I'm out of ideas now.

It feels like I've definitely made a mistake somewhere along the way when exporting / importing databases so I've only myself to blame here. I'm still learning this side of things.