FrancisChung

Any PHPStorm users here who uses phpUnit? Setup question

Hi fellow Processwirers (?),

I was wondering if anyone here uses PHPStorm in conjunction with PhpUnit?

In particular, I'm trying to get it to work with Processwire so I can incorporate the Pages & other intrinsic Processwire objects into the testing.

Any example or real life configuration examples would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Processwire is purest PHP.
Never tried PHPstorm but if PHPStorm understands PHP this should work :)

In particular, I'm trying to get it to work with Processwire so I can incorporate the Pages & other intrinsic Processwire objects into the testing.

Essentially it's the same as bootstraping processwire in any other php file. But you'd need to make sure the host, which runs phpunit does have access to the mysql database, which processwire does connect to.

• Like 1

I'm revisiting this question again as I haven't had time to tackle it until now.

I've managed to get it working via the Composer route.

Here are some links I used in case others are having issues.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18310259/cannot-find-phpunit-in-include-path-phpstorm (last answer)

https://jtreminio.com/2013/03/unit-testing-tutorial-introduction-to-phpunit/

https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/help/enabling-phpunit-support.html (2nd item)

You may also need to mark your test directories under preferences -> project -> directory

Now I'm stuck on this error message "You cannot serialize or unserialize PDO instances" when running my tests.

It appears when I bootstrap the test to Processwire index.php.

Various publications have stated that I need to disable process isolation but it hasn't worked for me so far.

I was wondering if there's any other settings I need to do to make this work?

Edit: Now a Stackoverflow Question as well
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34225720/keep-getting-you-cannot-serialize-or-unserialize-pdo-instances-in-phpunit-usin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sten
      Hell,
      Although I use a config on an other of my sites that works well. An error 500 is driving me nuts.
      Coul someone have a look on my config
      server { listen 80; server_name attente.xyz; rewrite ^ https://$server_name$request_uri? permanent; } server { listen 443 ssl; server_name attente.xyz; ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/krouus.company/fullchain.pem; ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/krouus.company/privkey.pem; ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2; # Activer le ciphers et mettre ceux autorisés (je vous laisse faire de plus amples recherches pour ça ;) ) ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on; ssl_ciphers 'DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-RSA-CAMELLIA256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-CAMELLIA128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256'; ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m; ssl_session_timeout 10m; # La fameuse clé générée en dernier ssl_dhparam /etc/nginx/dhparam.pem; # Ajout d'une règle http add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000;"; root /var/www/attente.xyz/html; index index.php index.html index.htm; location / { # try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?it=$uri&$args; try_files $uri /index.php$is_args$args; fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock; fastcgi_index index.php; include fastcgi_params; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name; fastcgi_intercept_errors on; fastcgi_ignore_client_abort off; fastcgi_connect_timeout 60; fastcgi_send_timeout 180; fastcgi_read_timeout 180; fastcgi_buffers 4 256k; fastcgi_buffer_size 128k; fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 256k; fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 256k; } location ~ \.php$ { #try_files $uri =404; include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf; include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params; fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name; # .htaccess 10. fastcgi_param HTTP_MOD_REWRITE On; fastcgi_param X-Real-IP $remote_addr; fastcgi_param X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr; fastcgi_param Host $host; } location ~* \.(?:css|gif|htc|ico|js|jpe?g|png|swf|svg|ttf|eot|woff|less|pdf)$ { #expires max; log_not_found off; ## No need to bleed constant updates. Send the all shebang in one ## fell swoop. tcp_nodelay off; ## Set the OS file cache. open_file_cache max=1000 inactive=120s; open_file_cache_valid 45s; open_file_cache_min_uses 2; open_file_cache_errors off; valid_referers attente.xyz; ##ajout ProcessWire expires 24h; #log_not_found off; access_log off; try_files $uri /index.php?it=$uri&$args; } # .htaccess 8.1 charset utf-8; # .htaccess 3. location = /favicon.ico { log_not_found off; access_log off; } location = /robots.txt { log_not_found off; access_log off; } # .htaccess 4. # add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN always; # Set by ProcessWire core add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block"; # add_header X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff"; # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # .htaccess 5. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Block access to ProcessWire system files location ~ \.(inc|info|info\.json|module|sh|sql)$ { deny all; } # Block access to composer files location ~ composer\.(json|lock)$ { deny all; } # Block access to any file or directory that begins with a period (except well-known) location ~ (^|/)\.(?!well-known)|^\..*$ { deny all; } # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # .htaccess 15. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Block access to protected assets directories location ~ ^/(site|site-[^/]+)/assets/(cache|logs|backups|sessions|config|install|tmp)($|/.*$) { deny all; } # Block acceess to the /site/install/ directory location ~ ^/(site|site-[^/]+)/install($|/.*$) { deny all; } # Block dirs in /site/assets/ dirs that start with a hyphen location ~ ^/(site|site-[^/]+)/assets.*/-.+/.* { deny all; } # Block access to /wire/config.php, /site/config.php, /site/config-dev.php, and /wire/index.config.php location ~ ^/(wire|site|site-[^/]+)/(config|index\.config|config-dev)\.php$ { deny all; } # Block access to any PHP-based files in /templates-admin/ location ~ ^/(wire|site|site-[^/]+)/templates-admin($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))$ { deny all; } # Block access to any PHP or markup files in /site/templates/ location ~ ^/(site|site-[^/]+)/templates($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))$ { deny all; } # Block access to any PHP files in /site/assets/ location ~ ^/(site|site-[^/]+)/assets($|/|/.*\.php)$ { deny all; } # Block access to any PHP files in core or core module directories location ~ ^/wire/(core|modules)/.*\.(php|inc|tpl|module)$ { deny all; } # Block access to any PHP files in /site/modules/ location ~ ^/(site|site-[^/]+)/modules/.*\.(php|inc|tpl|module)$ { deny all; } # Block access to any software identifying txt files location ~ ^/(COPYRIGHT|INSTALL|README|htaccess)\.(txt|md)$ { deny all; } # Block all http access to the default/uninstalled site-default directory location ~ ^/site-default/ { deny all; } }
      Thank you for any hunch.
    • By benbyf
      I always seem to get this warning on every new install of PW on my Ubuntu 14 box with Digital Ocean. The servers are usually based in the UK and I was wondering if I should be adding something other than the below in the config? Is there a UK based locale code? Quick Google didnt come up with much.
      Warning: your server locale is undefined and may cause issues. Please add this to /site/config.php file (adjust “en_US.UTF-8” as needed): setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');
      Added to the config file:
      setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');  
    • By rushy
      I'm trying to migrate a PW site on my local dev server to a shared hosted server and have used the ProcessExportProfile module to export a profile as a zip file. So far so good. I then deploy new install of PW on the server by unzipping the PW installation files but I do not run the install until I have replaced the various site profiles with the files from the exported profile. So basically:
      In the PW install files I delete all the site-* folders except site-default. This one I overwrite with  the export profile folders so it contains my assets, install, modules and templates folders together with the exported config.php
      I then run the install in the browser in the normal way and it starts the installation and I can see my website profile in the list and I select it. It proceeds as normal and gets to setting up the database. I provide the db info. as usual and it proceeds as far the info. below and 'hangs' at this point , it never goes on to setup the PW login admin. and complete the install I am left at that screen.  
      If I relaunch the browser at the site it all seems to work! BUT I have no admin login to PW so cannot get into the backend. 
      I have basically followed the Installation, Moving and Troubleshooting guide by Joss Sanglier: http://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/installation-moving-and-troubleshooting/page4
      Any idea where I could check for an error log or some help as I am at a loss as to the problem. 
      Many thanks. Paul
      ProcessWire 3.x Installer
       Test Database and Save Configuration
       Database connection successful to pinpoin1_master
       Saved configuration to ./site/config.php
       Profile Import
       Imported database file: ./wire/core/install.sql
       Imported database file: ./site/install/install.sql
    • By chrizz
      I am currently developing a little application which is supposed to run on a raspberry. I decided to take advantage of PW's capabilities to deal with data not only in the sense of a common website but more as an application. 
      I wrote a lot of modules for this and I wrote tests for some of the methods (using PHPUnit). This works fine so far for methods which are independent from database (e.g. calculating an upcoming date/time by a given schedule). Now I am thinking of extending this by writing tests also for methods which rely on data from the database (e.g. it need to be checked if something exists on that given date/time). This information is currently stored as page in PW. 
      One of my thoughts: create necessary pages in PW for running the test and delete them afterwards. But somehow this just feels wrong. 
      Any kind of input how you would tackle this would be great!
      Thanks a lot! 

• By modifiedcontent
      I have one central website, with membership registration and content etc., and then several related websites with their own URL/domains, each on Processwire, all on the same server.
      I would like to access the database of the central website from the sister websites. How would I do that?
      You can't bootstrap one PW installation into another. You can include template parts from one in the other by just using the server path, but whatever you try to get/post just comes/goes to the database of the site you are on.
      Could you switch databases by including the config.php from another PW installation somewhere?
      What is the correct, secure way to do this?