CKEditor problem when trying to add content after an image with a caption

Christophe

Hello,

I'm about to release the "new" version of a non-profit website made with ImpressPages CMS.

I've converted/migrated it to ProcessWire quite quickly (in a few days). Now I just have to check the contents a last time. 

It's the first time I use captions in 1-2 pages of a ProcessWire website.

Needing to add a small last content update to the homepage, I've just noticed that the insertion of the image is removing the other image with a caption also that is above.

I've tried with a simple text inside a p tag or a h2 tag, the text stays, but it seems related to the same problem.

In fact, everything is inserted inside the figcaption tag, and if I remove this tag, everything is inserted inside the figure tag: a paragraph, a horizontal rule, etc.

I can of course do it via the html code editor, but it's not really a solution for a common editor.

Has someone already experienced this? Can you reproduce this behaviour?

Do you know a key command/shortcut to get out of this last tag?

I'm using ProcessWire 2.6.1.

NB: at worst, I can tell them just to add some letters via the "Source" button, then select them in the wysiwyg editor and change them to whatever they want.

PS: at least on the homepage, I've decided to convert the "captions" into em tags (with classes that already exist for "notes") that are inside the (same) paragraphs where the images are.

• 4 months later...

Hello Christophe, old topic, but today one my client asked me the same question, and my answer was - insert caption at the end, as last step in content edit.

Insert image(s), write some text, and when finish all, go back to image(s) and select and in popup check caption and write captions.

Short answer: insert captions at the end.

regards

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bump an ancient ancient thread but it seemed to me a fitting way to point out that, at least for me, this issue still exists 5 years later - and this post nearly tops google for "processwire ckeditor figcaption"

Does anyone have a better way around this than "add pictures at the end"? As this isn't a particularly fitting instruction for a third party.

It seems to me that there's two solutions that could be done, 1 - manage the caption in the image popup, or 2 - pressing return while in the caption tag should escape the entire figure tag.