Wordpress Blog to Prcesswire Blog

kuba2

Hi 

I am a complete beginner with PW.

Can anybody give me a hint how to transfer a 10 pages ( around 50 entries ) long worpress blog to a processwire blog.

Is it at all possible, so that the dates and everything else will match.

Thanks for all suggestions

kuba

Hello there

I have a quick follow up question. With PW everything is totally new for me, so I apologize for the stupid questions in advance.

Do I import the xml file into the Blog Module from PW? 

I am wondering what I have to prepare in advance before importing.

I guess there are a lot of obvious things in PW, but not yet for me.

Thanks a lot

kuba

Edited by kuba2

Once you have installed Migrator and MigratorWordpress you will use the XML from WP and upload it. It will create all the pages, templates, and fields required. It will even create users in PW based on the names of the authors of the blogs in WP.

Hope that helps.

• 5 weeks later...

When I migrated my WordPress blog to ProcessWire a while ago, I ended up doing it by exporting WordPress to CSV and importing it to ProcessWire with the "Import Pages from CSV files" module.

It was a bit of manual work. But I wanted full control and did it in parts. Multiple steps. I wanted to split my tags into new page types, such as directors, ratings and tags. And I split my categories into genres and media type (film, tv). Because I wanted more options, and as you see, it was a movie blog.

Because I had around 2700 posts at the time, I did it all locally (MAMP). But first I did a lot of search and replace in the CSV (using Google Spreadsheet). Split content into columns (that became field types). And replaced e.g. my genres with the ID of newly manual created genre pages. Director pages was created automatically during CSV import based on director names.

I also imported the images from a local folder using the ProcessWire API and some coding in a template file. Which was what I did last.

This is not a step by step guide for how to do it. But I did it after having used ProcessWire for only a few months. So if you got time, get to know ProcessWire a little first, and see the possibilites.

• Like 1