CKEditor and the MathJax Plugin

jensweigel

Hi guys!

Im currently trying to integrate the MathJax plugin (http://ckeditor.com/addon/mathjax) for CKEditor. But it doesnt work. Does any one use this plugin?

It is instaled correctly, is checked in the Field input, all requered plugins are installed, I dont get any JavaScript error but dont see any button.

Any suggestions?

• 2 years later...

Download the plugin from the site and uncompress it.

Upload the plugin folder under site/modules/IputfieldCKEditor/plugins, activate the plugin in the field configuration in PW (at the very bottom you will see a group of checkboxes that already includes the PW CKEditor plugins for image upload and links, you should see the uploaded plugin now). Check it.

As stated above, add the correct option in the toolbar configuration. and you should see it in the editor now.

• Like 2

@jensweigel @elabx
I downloaded the mathjax plugin and also the other dependencies which included

clipboard,dialogui,lineutiles,notification and widget. When I go the group of checkboxes , I am able to see my field on my page as long as keep mathjax and widget plugins unchecked. As soon as i check them, there is a blank space in edit page option where the field is present. However, when I view the page, the data that had been entered (before I checked these plugins) is displayed (without the latex rendering).

I also tried the toolbar option(through PW GUI) of both Mathjax and mathjax, but it didn't work
Could it be because of the version? The CKeditor page states its for version 4.3+ and I have the Processeswire module version of 1.5.4 
Is there any other alternative. Here is a snippet of my config file

CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config ) {
	// Define changes to default configuration here. For example:
	// config.uiColor = '#AADC6E';
    config.extraPlugins = 'widget';
    config.extraPlugins = 'lineutils';
    config.extraPlugins = 'dialogui';
    config.extraPlugins = 'dialog';
    config.extraPlugins = 'notification';
    config.extraPlugins = 'clipboard';
    config.extraPlugins = 'mathjax';
};

FYI I  have added this plugin to AdminOnSteroids module and will be available in the next update. Works fine in the admin with the latest PW, on the frontend it needs manual initialization (of course). 

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2018 at 7:13 PM, tpr said:

FYI I  have added this plugin to AdminOnSteroids module and will be available in the next update. Works fine in the admin with the latest PW, on the frontend it needs manual initialization (of course). 

Thanks for adding it! I have just added it today where I think the client could probably use it (instead of making images for each formula).

btw here is the link / instruction for the frontend: https://docs.ckeditor.com/ckeditor4/latest/guide/dev_mathjax.html#displaying-on-target-page

Actually, hold on... I just added this JS, but it doesn't work.

Is there anything else that one needs to do / add?

@tpr and ideas? I'm using PW 3.0.99. Tried to load it via Cloudflare, and also with a local copy (with and without AIOM).

Don't know what I did, but got it to work finally...