a-ok

Returning titles from $input->get instead of names

Is there any way to return <?php $sectors = $input->get->project_sectors; ?> as the titles, and not the names? So instead of, for example, it returning landscape-design (the name) it would return Landscape Design (the title).

Thanks,

R

If you can't hide the titles in a hidden input that could be sent via post, then you would need to find the pages on the fly, e.g.

$error = "Your error message";
$sectors = $sanitizer->pageName($input->get->project_sectors);
if(strlen($sectors)) {

$sector = $pages->get("name=$sectors");//could make your selector more specific, e.g. specify template
	if($sector && $sector->id > 0) {
		$sector = $sector->title;
		//do something with $sector
	}	
	else {//display error or similar 
	}
}

else {
	//display error or similar since given input was empty
}
Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jds43
      Hello,
      I have a search page loosely based on Skyscrapers where I'm parsing a selector with options 'beds', 'bathrooms', 'size' fields. It is working well until I select 'Any' after I've run a search. This is where no results are returned (/?beds=&bathrooms=&size=&submit=). I want it to reset and show all results.
      I hope this isn't too vague.

• By brdje
      Greetings,

I've created a product database which all use the template product.php and are published on the website.
      I'm trying to create an overview table with pagination of all the products, but using $pages->get does not return an object, only the object title.
      $products = $pages->get("template=product, limit=10"); This returns 10 strings in the frontend but not the object. When looping over the result set to get product fields, i get the following error:
      Notice: Trying to get property 'title' of non-object

Because the product database is fairly large, i've added a pagination using the same query and this does return all the pages, but i can't click on the links that the paginator renders.
      $results = $pages->find("template=product, limit=10"); if($results->getTotal() > 10) { echo $results->renderPager(array( "nextItemLabel" => "Volgende", "previousItemLabel" => "Vorige", "currentItemClass" => 'active' )); }
      I've added the option in the template to allow page numbers. When i navigate to the link manually, i still end up seeing the 10 first products.

I've tried changing several settings around, but i'm a bit stuck on how to resolve these issues. Do you have any advice what I need to adjust?
      Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• By NehaPillai
      Hello Everyone, I was trying to update SEO meta title, description and meta keywords for my website in Process Wire CMS but it saving in the backend but it is not reflecting on my website, Please help me regarding this error. Please find below attached screen shot for your ref. TIA.

• By AndZyk
      Hello,
      when you add a page you can see the page name of the page under the page title field. But when you change the page title afterwards, you have to go to the settings tab to also change the page name.
      We have many clients that change the page title afterwards but forget to change the page name, because they don't look in the settings tab or forget it.
      Is it possible to show the page name on the content tab under the page title?
      I hate to say this, but I like how WordPress handles this better:

Or should I open an GitHub request?
      Regards, Andreas