Are PageTable nestable?

steveooo

Hello,

I am building a modular layout via PageTables. Are PageTables nestable? E.g. i am using a content field (PageTable) where I insert a template called test. If I use a PageTable in this test template, will everything work?

If this doesn't work, is there an alternative for this?

I wouldn't do it. Consider using children pages and a page table inside them. I've been having better feedback from editors when creating blocks of content with children than with PageTables

• Like 1

It should work. The modal will pop-up within the other modal. You just have to remember which one you're on when you click save :)

I have built a CRM system which uses my AdminPageFieldEditLinks module to make it easy to view selected pages in a page field. This often leads to nested modal windows, so I've increased the default size of the modals to make this work better. It works okay, and though it can get awkward, it is still better than the alternative of having to break your workflow and find/open the page somewhere else.

Edit: It would be nice if when more than one modal was nested, the nested modals would completely overlap and hide the previous, thus reducing the "tunneling" effect and only giving you only one "Save" button at a time to pick from.

Ok. I had time to test it and it works. The only downside I see is a usability one: The modal windows for this. Is there a better way to use this? New browser tabs or new windows instead of modals? Would be cool if someone implements this functionality!