Identify slider on Legacy site?

msummers

I am a new ProcessWire user and have inherited a site originally built in PW2.3.0. Thanks to tons of help from the people on the Getting Started forum, my site is now up and running in 2.6.1. The site's pages contain a slider and I'd like to identify where it came from - can you help, please?

You can see the site at http://baringer2-3.gws-sandbox.com. Some of the pages only have a single image in the slider, while others have mutiple images. I'm hoping that this is not a custom-built one, and while I feel that I have the chops to wade through it, I'd really rather not! As you will see from the link above, the site is only in a partially completed state and I'd like to get it done quickly.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

But, will that give me the Slider tab in my page/admin options? Any links to how to implement something like that in PW?

unless your developer implemented an interface (some way to manipulate the slide images and settings), you'd need to adjust that in the code. Or come up with your own information design for controlling it.

looking at your code, it appears that the images are served from PW assets, so look on your homepage and see if there is a repeater or page table for the slides.

• Like 1

you can use the new slider module that was recently released, it has a whole admin interface.

other than that you would use PW fields to hold the various options and settings for each slide;

this will be totally dependent on which slider you are using, as well as how often you think the site managers will be needing to change stuff;

Here are some ways it has been accomplished on my end:

1.) Using Profields Table to hold settings for each slide; custom module populates default settings (rows) and then the values are adjustable in the 2nd col of the table

2.) Using textarea to hold the code for each slide (or Ace Extended inputfield); slide code can be edited directly;

3.) Same as #2, but allowing for use of placeholders, like Slide image, link, button text, so that that the editors can use regular fields for some of the slide settings - such as selecting an internal page to link the silde to

4.) YAML field - captions, animation settings, etc

5.) Pagetable and PW fields to hold all custom settings, Slider inputfield for some numerical settings

• Like 2

you can use the new slider module that was recently released, it has a whole admin interface.

other than that you would use PW fields to hold the various options and settings for each slide;

this will be totally dependent on which slider you are using, as well as how often you think the site managers will be needing to change stuff;

Here are some ways it has been accomplished on my end:

...snip...

I actually really like ImageExtra (http://modules.processwire.com/modules/image-extra/) for Slider details - you can easily specify all sorts of "subfields" to contain info for each image in the slider.

Thanks guys - this gives me alot to go on...

• Like 1