Orkun

"Name format for children" option for Template which has more than 1 allowed children templates

Hi

I have a question about the "Name format for children" option for Templates. This option only shows up when i allow 1 single template under the "allowed templates" option.

The Scenario: I have a template called "activity", the activity template can have or it is allowed only to have 4 template types as children: date, cast, image and video. My Problem is that i want that only the page name of the date pages are genereated automatically with the "Name format for children". But this option is only working when i allow only 1 template as children.

How can I achieve, that  the "Name format for children" works also when its allowed more than 1 children.

Here is the Tree structure for visualization:

post-3125-0-31232400-1446111925_thumb.pn

Maybe that can work, but haven't tested:

you can create another parent template, (as a copy from your current),  but only the template in PW backend, not with a template file!!

than you assign your current templatefile to the new template under Template Edit _> Files -> "Alternate Template File",

as children, you only assign that date template, with setting the auto name format

I think you have to experiment with it, so highly recommend to do this in a playground install, not in your current projects install !!

:)

Edited by horst

Not possible. But you can set automatic page name format on your PageTable field setting under tab input, and not on the parent template family settings.

That's only for none or for all templates in the pagetable field. But I guess it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

@horst

Thank for your answer. I tried your idea but unfortunately it hasn't worked.

@Soma

I saw that option for the PageTable before, I also set it but i also need this option for the parent template. The users can create dates with the pagetable while they are creating a activity but they can also create dates with the date Lister. Is it really not possible? also not with hooks like mentioned in this thread here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10701-automatic-page-name-using-processpageaddexecute-and-pagetable/

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anderson
      Hi all,
      I'm a new to website building. Learned some CRASH course of js,jquery,php. Then I found CMS. Still learning around forum, youtube....
      Anyway, please help me with some beginer questions:
      1, About template - please correct me if I understand wrong : every page should be (or recommended) built on a template. So if in total I'll have 10 pages, 2 of them have same layout, I'll need 9 templates.  And, what fields a page includes, is not defined in page, but defined in the template that page uses. 
      2,  Where to see what modules I've installed? is it in "Modules - Site"? 
      3, I installed "PageTable Extended", then what?  As in a youtube tutorial, it should appear in Setup tab, but it doesn't.  What's in there: templates,fields,logs,comments. (I installed "Uikit 3 site_blog profile".)
      4, I did a search in Processwire website for the famous "repeater matrix" module, and can not find it, there's a Repeater, as well as a Matrix. Is it not a module?
      5, I watched this youtube tuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqnLQy9R1A
      Anybody familiar with this tuts please help: 
      After he analysed a target webpage layout he wanted to mimic, he created some fields, some template, then based on those he created a page and input some "content" in there, then clicked "view", it's just some text. So, here comes my question, he copied a folder "assets" (subfolders are: css,fonts,js,img) over, then the page have the appearance/layout he wanted to mimic. Where does that assets folder come from?
      Appreciate any help.
    • By Robin S
      Another little admin helper module...
      Template Field Widths
      Adds a "Field widths" field to Edit Template that allows you to quickly set the widths of inputfields in the template.

Why?
      When setting up a new template or trying out different field layouts I find it a bit slow and tedious to have to open each field individually in a modal just to set the width. This module speeds up the process.
      Installation
      Install the Template Field Widths module.
      Config options
      You can set the default presentation of the "Field widths" field to collapsed or open. You can choose Name or Label as the primary identifier shown for the field. The unchosen alternative will become the title attribute shown on hover. You can choose to show the original field width next to the template context field width.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TemplateFieldWidths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-field-widths/
    • By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?
    • By Falk
      Hi!
      I have lots of blogposts in my pagetree and I want the pagelabel to include the value of the post’s datefield (only the year).
      Adding date | title in the template settings results in something like…
      1536012000 | my blogpost title
      Is it possible to convert the timestamp to a readable date?

• By mjut
      Hello!
      I am trying to get some extra css-file into my admin templates. I managed to modify my admin.php to this:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); echo "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" . $config->urls->templates . "css/admin.css'>"; By doing so, the css <link> is added to the very end of each parsed admin-html. (right AFTER the closing </body> tag.)
      That causes some trouble. e.g. the page tree is not displaying any more. Although, other pages are working - like the edit form of a page.
      My question: is there a correct way of adding my extra css to the admin area?
      Thanks for you help!
      Stephan