Problem with repeater fields in multi language pages

verdeandrea

Hi guys,

something very strange is happening with a multilanguage site.

Some repeater fields are not showing if i change the active language.

I have this pages with information about professors and one of the fields is a repeater field called "professor_info".

So, if in a blank professor template i write "echo $page->professor_info" i get ids of the repeater items, but if i switch language to english (the default language is italian) those fields are not showing.

Moreover, this only happens with existing pages. If I create a new page the repeater field is working in both languages.

I can't understand what is causing this problem.

I've tried deleting the repeater items for a page, and the adding then again but nothing change. It only works if i delete the page and i create a new page. But there are alot of pages, related to other pages, so i can not recreate every page.

Does anyone have an idea about how to resove this problem?

Please tell me if my previuos explanation is not clear enough.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem where repeater fields are not displayed on a page if the active language is not the default language. Even more strange, everything does work on my local installation, but not on the server. There must be some reason for this, but I just cannot find it.

Any suggestions as to how to test this issue are highly welcome!

Cheers,

Stefan 

I had another issue with an image description that wouldn't get saved on the production server, and this turned out to be due to insufficient folder rights. I am suspecting the same to be the case with the content of repeaters not showing up on the production server. I therefore would like to ask if there is some folder under /assets/ or somewhere else connected to repeaters that I could check. 

For the record, I recursively gave 777 permission to the /assets/ folder, but the program my hosting provider uses doesn't seem to work, as it also did not change the permissions of the image mentioned above. 

Cheers, 

Stefan