Processwire upload issues

gottberg

I don't really know the answer to this question, but think this is going to depend on what tool you are using to upload, or possibly something with the host. Are you using FTP or something else like scp or rsync?

Hmm the problem is that ive been developing the site on my local computer using windows, ive moved it to other computers using Windows and Xamp. I dont have Processwire on the server yet and i was hoping to only move the site folder and import the sql to my database and then that the site would be online :) I think that the Windows to linux thing shits up the file premissions? Or ? :)

The only dir that needs to be writable to ProcessWire is /site/assets/. If you migrate files to a live server, and PW can't write to that dir, it probably won't let you login because it can't create a session. Here's the chmod command (executed from site root) that would fix that:

chmod -R og+rw ./site/assets

That means make it readable and writable to "other" and "group" which includes everyone, so certainly going to include Apache. Depending on your hosting environment, you may not want that quite as open-ended, in which case you'd need to use different permissions... probably giving permission just to apache via its group. Something like this, though going to depend what group apache uses:

chgrp -R apache ./site/assets
chmod -R g+rw ./site/assets

Many hosts have Apache running as you, in which case none of this matters so long as you yourself have read/write permission.

• Like 1