Migrating complete site

msummers

i offered msummers to take a look at his files and i think i got everything working.

thats what i did:

• did a clean 2.3 installation
  • copied the old site-folder to the new installation (overwrote existing files)
  • replaced the database
  • looked up admin url (db table "pages" id = 2 showed "sample" so admin url was example.com/sample/ )
  • find out username of superuser and reset password
    $admin = $users->get(41);
    $admin->setOutputFormatting(false);
    $admin->pass = 'admin'; // put in your new password
    $admin->save();
    echo $admin->name;
    die();
  • backup working 2.3.0 site (files+db)

• copied ProcessWireUpgrade to modules folder and installed it... error:
    Error: Cannot call constructor (line 85 of /var/www/html/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgrade.module)
  • renamed
    wire -> wire2.3.0
    index.php -> index2.3.0.php
    .htaccess -> .htaccess2.3.0
  • downloaded pw 2.6.1 and put into old site:
    wire
    index.php
    .htaccess
  • installed processwireupgrade module
  • installed site profile exporter and exported 2.6.1 site profile with data from old page

old version had a custom admin - don't know how/where to activate this in 2.6.1 as it shows the standard admin again. have no more time to investigate further, sorry.

• Like 6

So, I figured it was time to post an update to this great thread. Thanks to the truly exceptional help from Bernhard, and from others including kixe, OrganizedFellow, Peter, and cstevensjr, I am on my feet with this. while I didn't exactly follow the summary that Bernhard posted in the immediately previous message, it was close enough. The site is loaded and functional! This has allowed me to begin exploring the inner workings of the site - expect me back at any time without notice!

Thanks again, guys. It was great help. ^-^

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By theExo
      Hey folks,
      im pretty new to Processwire. A client of mine asked me to migrate his old (v2.5) Processwire Website. On his server its running on PHP 5.3 and i want to upgrade + migrate the site at the same time. I Downloaded the Site from his server to set it up locally, replaced the /wire directory, index.php and .htaccess with the files of the latest version. After that i changed the DB Connection details in the config.php, swapped to PHP 7.4 and now, when i open up the site on my localhost i get this error:
      compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/head.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/header.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/start_content.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> compile(\ProcessWire\wire("config")->paths->root . "site/templates/includes/footer.inc.php",array('includes'=>true,'namespace'=>true,'modules'=>true,'skipIfNamespace'=>true)))?> The page itself doesnt load, just a white space with this stuff on it
      I checked if the files exist, they do.
      I hope anyone can help me with that 🙂 Thanks in advance!
    • By dweeda
      How do I migrate a template with all its fields and values to a new site? Is their an export/import process?
    • By joeck
      Hi Guys,
      I'm trying to do my first migration to the customers existing server (IIS 10) . I ran the site as a subdirectory on my website for test purposes (everything works fine).
      Following the tutorial of Joss, I tryed the site on a local xampp server to make sure, it also works on a root directory. So far so good, everything works.
      Now I moved the files (from the xampp) to the customers server. The root/index page is shown but for every subpage i get 404 Errors...
      Hence I followed the troubleshooting guide for not working URLs:
      On the first sight, the .htaccess file is not recognized, therefore I contacted the host support. They said, it is recognized but not all modules are supported in the processwire .htaccess file. I did the "öalskjfdoal" test in the .htaccess file and didn't get a 500 Error.... BUT the rewrite rule from the hosts support, to proof the file is read, DID work... The support claims, they do not provide debugging... so basically the .htaccess file is recognized and working, but not throwing any errors (for whatever reason).
      Working rewrite rule (from support):
      RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^test\.asp$ index.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test\.html$ konzept.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test2\.html$ team.html [NC,L] The support said, a couple modules are not supported in the htaccess file, the supported ones are listed here: http://www.helicontech.com/ape/ (I think mod_rewrite is supported)
      As I do not completely understand what exactly is happening in the htaccess file, I'm stuck. I tried all suggestions I found regarding this topic on the forum, but none of them solved the problem.

.htaccess.txt
    • By Maxplex
      Hey there, 
      i have a big Problem. I migrate Processwire with a Plugin from my local Mama Server to a 1&1 web server. After few Problems with Internal Error (.htaccess), the site looks greta and its work. But my Admin Panel are not working correctly. Before I installed the AdminThemeUIKit but now I can't install ist anymore and I can't refresh my modules. Nothing happens after a mouse click on it. If I am going to the pages, I can't see anything. There isn't a Site Tree or anything else. I can not change anything there. Please help me, it is a huge Problem for me... The admin looks like the very beginning of Processwire !!!

• By Pete Jones
      Afternoon,
      I have a page setup with a repeater which has 40 or so items in. Each repeater item has around 6 fields.
      This is becoming a little unusable so I'd like to convert them to child pages of the current parent. Is there a way to do this (import/export maybe?)
      Many thanks
      Pete