Media Manager Archive

kongondo

20 minutes ago, kongondo said:

That's strange. Point #3 contradicts point #1. Media is only uploaded to that sub-folder if in the setting After Uploading you have selected option 3 (i.e., to keep media in a temporary folder until they have been reviewed). If you have option 1 or 2, the media is uploaded directly to the Media Library. Please confirm the option you have selected in this setting, just in case you are looking at a different setting from the one I am referring to, thanks.

Edit: Please also confirm that you have the latest version (005) Jquery File Upload

Files are uploaded to ..site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show
Thumbnails are generated in ..site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_showthumbnails
This folder is empty: ..site/assets/MediaManager/uploads

Settings
After Uploading: Add uploads ... not publish (= option 2)

jQueryFileUpload: 0.0.5

27 minutes ago, Metaphora said:

Files are uploaded to ..site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show
Thumbnails are generated in ..site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_showthumbnails
This folder is empty: ..site/assets/MediaManager/uploads

Settings
After Uploading: Add uploads ... not publish (= option 2)

With these settings, the files should only be temporarily uploaded to /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show. They are then deleted once they have been copied to the Media Manager Library. The thumbnails also get deleted in that process.  However, if you upload very large images (dimensions or size), the process may time out. In that case you will get the error you are getting (Empty file upload result) . That means the server did not send back a success message in response to the ajax request sent by Jquery File Upload. If you check your browser dev tools as per the image below (under either Preview or Response tab), you should see a similar error. Is this the case for you?

media-manager-not-enough-memory-to-load-error.thumb.png.badbaa5e98369ff583defefa9ffe92ec.png

Edited by kongondo
correction

"Solved" the problem.

1. Deleted all files in site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show and thumbnails.

2. Upload a single image.

3. Image is successfully added.

4. Publish image.

5. No image in ..site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show

As I said, everything was working fine until I tried to upload about 40 files at the same time.
This upload failed after 20 images or so (Empty file upload result).
After this I couldn't upload any file.

So I guess, the problem is caused by the files left behind in jqfu/.files_no_show.

37 minutes ago, Metaphora said:

"Solved" the problem.

Glad you got it sorted. However, I feel there's still something funky going on. You should still be able to do bulk uploads. OK, maybe not 40 at a time, but 20 or so images. There's also a 'Scan' function if that suits you better.

3 hours ago, Metaphora said:

But let's say, an upload fails because of a memory issues ... shouldn't the  files in ..site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show be automatically deleted?

In that case, technically, the upload has not failed. Files have been uploaded to the temporary folder/../jqfu/.files_no_show. In there, a number of validation checks take place to ensure what is uploaded is valid. Some checks are done by (1) JQFU, others by  (2) ProcessWire's WireUpload and finally by (3) Media Manager. If a file passes validation, it is copied over to the library. Media Manager is responsible for deleting copies of uploaded media in the temporary folder. Since the process times out before reaching step #3, the uploaded media remain in the temporary folder, do not make it to the library, hence MM does not delete the uploaded originals in the temporary folder.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've bought Media Manager before a few days and have a question: how can I add files to the media library via the api and how can I add media manager assets to a media manager field via the api? I'm importing a large Wordpress page and have to add a lot of files... 

Thank you, regards

Sebastian

Hi @SebastianP,

Thanks for your purchase.

18 hours ago, SebastianP said:

how can I add files to the media library via the api and how can I add media manager assets to a media manager field via the api? I'm importing a large Wordpress page and have to add a lot of files... 

There is no external API to do this. You can have a look at the file MediaManagerActions.php  to see how we do it internally, specifically the methods actionInsert() (adding media to a Media Manager field on a page) and actionCreateMedia() (for creating media from uploaded files).  What is your import process? Do you have all the files available in some directory? Are you not able to import them using Media Manager upload feature?

Thanks for your answer! Meanwhile I've imported the files manually ("new Page()... ") - the hint to the "actionInsert()"-method helps me with the rest:-) 

Are you not able to import them using Media Manager upload feature?

No - I want to rebuilt the existing wordpress posts (text, text with image, galleries and so on) with repeater items; so I must tag the files during the import with their ID from the wp_posts table. 

Hi @kongondo,

I've been getting to know this module and it's really impressive the features you've worked in and all the settings that can be customised.

Just wondering about the behaviour of the MM inputfield though - currently it reloads the whole of Page Edit with each addition to the field, which is not so good if the user has made some edits to other fields but not yet saved the page. They are faced with the option of accepting the reload which would lose the other field edits, or cancelling the reload in which case their media selection is not added.

Maybe you could look at how the PageTable inputfield reloads itself via AJAX when a change is made, and do something similar with the MM inputfield?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Media Manager version 011  (released 20/07/2017)

Happy to announce the latest release of Media Manager.

Changelog

1. Fixed bug that caused required Media Manager fields to still be labelled as 'missing required value' even when they were populated.

Hi @onjegolders,

Thanks for your purchase.

Apologies about the issues you are having with the module.

8 hours ago, onjegolders said:

I'm thinking maybe the module folder is corrupted?

Probably. Please try and re-install. Check for any missing files using the Network Tab. The error you see in the console is a pesky one that I've never been able to decipher/get to the root of. For now, we live with it; it doesn't affect anything.

8 hours ago, onjegolders said:

how can I redownload the module?

Please check your email.

Thanks.

Hi!

I am having trouble with images not being shown to other users that dont have  superuser role. All images were uploaded by superuser with id 41. 

I added media-manager permissions to the role in question, and then the role to the user, is this enough? Also the options of media manager are configured to show all user images. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a clean way to remove the "Media Manager" pages from the top search in the admin for a certain user role. When searching, these pages are being returned and confusing the user that they can edit them instead of using the Media Manager tool. Attached is an image to help describe what I mean. Make note of the page types "Media Manager: ect"

I was thinking a hook using ProcessPageSearch?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

example

Renewals and Resend Links

Hi,

Renewal and resend links pages for Media Manager have been added. Use renewals if you wish to renew a Media Manager order whose subscription has expired (1 year). Resend are for orders that are yet to expire. Use this if you can't find or didn't get the confirmation email sent after your purchase.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a question about supported file formats -

I have added 'svg' to valid image file extensions, and this works when using the 'Scan' method to upload files. When I try the JqueryFileUploader, I get an error saying ' Filetype not allowed'

Is there any other configuration I need to change to allow svg files to be uploaded as images?

Thanks!

• kongondo changed the title to Media Manager Archive
  • kongondo pinned and locked this topic