Media Manager Archive

kongondo

On 10/29/2020 at 2:29 PM, RyanJ said:

I am unable to successfully return images with the getTag() or findTag() methods that are available. Am I misunderstanding something? 

Media Manager Field. Returns empty string

A Media Manager field is not the same as an images field. It has no getTag() or findTag() methods. Please read more about this here and here. Currently, there is no direct way of achieving what you want.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, toni said:

@kongondo 

I’ve just bought media manager and installed it on a fresh pw instance.

Unfortunately an upload does not appear (small logo image)
and no error is thrown.

The User is a super user. Any idea what could go wrong?
Thanks,

Toni

Hi @kongondo

I do have the same probleme like @toni, what he showed in his video. My settings: newest mysql and php versions, PW 3.0.165 and Media Manager (Process) v0.1.2 β

The following didn't change anything:

On 6/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, kongondo said:

By the way, a quick workaround, if you insist on living on the edge is to do the following:

1. Edit a Media Manager field (e.g. media_manager_image)
  2. Change its Use Tags setting and save
  3. Revert the change to what it was before and save again

Uploads should now work.

Note though that using the 'Cleanup' feature might still throw the PDO error linked to in the post above.

Thanks for your help

Hi @panx,

Apologies for the issue you are facing. 

@toni's issue was resolved by following steps similar to what you tried above. It was caused by the ProcessWire tags issue discussed here and reported here. I have now set up a troubleshooting guide (WIP) in the documentation to help with this. Please try that first and let me know if your issue is still unresolved. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dynweb said:

I would like to download the new version from my download link, but it seems to be the same version that I bought in May 2020. It always says v0.1.2

39 minutes ago, kongondo said:

It still says version 12 but grab it from your download link and install that version. It resolves the issue.

?. Please see my post above yours.

19 minutes ago, entschleunigung said:

The Download link from your email results in a 404?!

If your purchase date is more than 12 months, then the link has expired. Please confirm that and let me know. I can send you the relevant file to update via email. For anything involving order numbers etc, please either send me an email or a PM.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am getting the following error when i add the InputFieldMediaManager to a template and edit a page of that template. 

`call to member funnction countr() on null`

on line `$this->mediaManagerField->currentFieldCnt = $currentPage->$mediaManagerField->count();`

Image:
https://gyazo.com/b428b27b498789e7a5d7d91958979c3b

- I've reinstalled Media Manager.
- I've updated to the latest ProcessWire. (3.0.170)

Hi @StanLindsey,

I haven't seen that one before :-). Could you please tell me more about what's on that template? Assuming you have TD installed, could you please tell me/show me the output of the following?

Please add the following debug calls:

<?php
// around line #369 in the method ___render() in InputfieldMediaManager.module
bd($this->mediaManagerField, 'MEDIA MANAGER FIELD');

// around line #38 in the method __construct() in MediaManagerRender.php
bd($mediaManagerField,'MEDIA MANAGER FIELD');

edit: What's the name of your Media Manager Field?  Is it all lower_case?

Thanks.

Edited by kongondo

Hi Kongondo,

Hope your well. 

After looking through this thread, I am not seeing anything specific to my question. So I am dropping it here.

To better explain what I am trying to do, I will give a brief structure of my site. I have a directory which contains multiple locations as parent pages. Each location can have multiple child pages. Location and child pages contain a media manager field which currently pulls in all images allowing the user to select from those. 

What I am looking for is restricting images based off the location page and or child pages of that location that is being edited.

Example: I am editing Location A or any child page of Location A and when I click "Add media", the run time hook would restrict/filter the list of available images that have been tagged as Location A. If a tag wont work, maybe a custom field.

Is there some sort of hook to achieve this functionally?

Thanks for your time. 

Hi @RyanJ,

42 minutes ago, RyanJ said:

Hi Kongondo,

If you want to tag a forum member, please use the @ symbol followed by their handle ?. I just stumbled on this post...otherwise, might have missed it.

43 minutes ago, RyanJ said:

After looking through this thread,

Did you mean to post in some specific thread? Looks like you've started a new topic instead ?.

44 minutes ago, RyanJ said:

Please point me to or move your question to the original thread you were trying to reference. I have no context about your question so cannot provide any useful response.

Hi @RyanJ,

We are home now...moved us here ?.

2 hours ago, RyanJ said:

Currently no...but..

2 hours ago, RyanJ said:

Example: I am editing Location A or any child page of Location A and when I click "Add media", the run time hook would restrict/filter the list of available images that have been tagged as Location A. If a tag wont work, maybe a custom field.

If it is simply an issue of giving editors the convenience of easily selecting the images that can be added to the page being edited, we could probably get away with a URL string appended to the URL that opens the modal which Media Manager would be able to read from when the page opens. Alternatively, we could get away with URL segments, which we already have for the page opening the modal and read the settings for that Media Manager field (e.g. with tags, etc) that should be used for filtering the media for the page being edited. However, if the usage is for something more restrictive, e.g. control access to media depending on some user permissions, then that would require some additional checks. I am just thinking out loud here (note-to-self-sort-of).. :-).

Let me have a think, please.

Thanks. 

Hi @kongondo

Thanks for getting me in the correct thread. I am not sure how I managed to get lost. 

I think role based would be useful, but I url segments would work for sure. The restriction would be based off the "Parent Page", so Location A and any child pages of Location A being edited, would only get Location A images. 

Maybe disabling filtering could be an option to not allow the client to filter on different images other then what is in the url segment. 

The same concept would need to occur if they added a new image as well. It would automatically get tagged or whatever is used for filtering the images. So and uploaded image would be tagged "Location A" if they are on the Location A page or any child pages.  

Thanks for the prompt response and taking the time to have a look at what I am trying to achieve.

Much obliged and Cheers!

On 1/19/2021 at 9:57 AM, kongondo said:

Hi @StanLindsey,

I haven't seen that one before :-). Could you please tell me more about what's on that template? Assuming you have TD installed, could you please tell me/show me the output of the following?

Please add the following debug calls:

<?php
// around line #369 in the method ___render() in InputfieldMediaManager.module
bd($this->mediaManagerField, 'MEDIA MANAGER FIELD');

// around line #38 in the method __construct() in MediaManagerRender.php
bd($mediaManagerField,'MEDIA MANAGER FIELD');

edit: What's the name of your Media Manager Field?  Is it all lower_case?

Thanks.

Thanks Kongondo, this wasn't actually an issue with your module in the end. It was due to me trying to be clever and duplicating the ProcessPageEdit from /wire/ and making my own module based on it (in order to remove the bookmarks submenu from certain navigation items).

In the end i've just disabled bookmarks site wide and it all seems to work.

1 hour ago, StanLindsey said:

Thanks Kongondo, this wasn't actually an issue with your module in the end. It was due to me trying to be clever and duplicating the ProcessPageEdit from /wire/ and making my own module based on it (in order to remove the bookmarks submenu from certain navigation items).

Thanks for reporting back :-).

• kongondo changed the title to Media Manager Archive
  • kongondo pinned and locked this topic