Media Manager Archive

kongondo

Hi all,

A recent change in ProcessWire has partly broken part of Media Manager's upload feature (see the screenshot in this post with the PDO error, thanks to for @Mustafa-Online reporting). My strong feeling is that it has to do with the recent changes to the Database Class(es). I am looking into this and will report back as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1

By the way, a quick workaround, if you insist on living on the edge is to do the following:

1. Edit a Media Manager field (e.g. media_manager_image)
  2. Change its Use Tags setting and save
  3. Revert the change to what it was before and save again

Uploads should now work.

Note though that using the 'Cleanup' feature might still throw the PDO error linked to in the post above.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 4:29 PM, kongondo said:

Hi @Orkun,

Yes it is just a temporary folder.

It should. It works fine here. Could you please tell me about your setup? (ProcessWire and PHP versions, etc).

I am not sure whether it is a file permission issue. Are you on a Windows machine?

Alternatively, maybe you are trying to upload very large images and the system does not finish and you are trying to re-upload?

Please let me know.

Hi @kongondo

This Problem still happens regularly. It is always the "Empty File Upload Result" Error.
In the Processwire Logs it is a SQL Duplicate Entry Error (See Screenshot).The only way to make this work again temporarly was to delete the contents of /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show/

error.png.7cbc09082753a1b7deb5b9f92b979615.png

Processwire Version: 2.7.3 Dev
PHP Version: 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.15
Media Manager Version: Media Manager (Process) v0.0.9 β

• post_max_size: Local Value(512M), Master Value(8M)
  • memory_limit: Local Value(512M), Master Value(128M)
  • file_uploads: On
  • upload_max_filesize: Local Value(512M), Master Value(2M)

It is also not a Windows Machine.

That's what the customer had said to me today.

It seems that the problem persists. Still almost everyone has the issue while uploading the files. Even me if I try to upload files I always get the error message and the only way it works for me is if I do the upload in the Incognito mode. I use Chrome but it seems like a general problem as people use different browsers and all have the same issue.

So people still get the "Empty File Upload" error and 90% of the time the file is really not uploaded.
I told them that they have to wait a bit before re-uploading big files and everything. But it still doesn't work. I also have issues if I'm not in the private/incognito mode.

And they have been trying to upload small files, mostly PDFs.

Can you help me on this one?

KR
Orkun

Hi @Orkun,

1 hour ago, Orkun said:

Can you help me on this one?

I'd love to. However...

1 hour ago, Orkun said:

Processwire Version: 2.7.3 Dev

Support for ProcessWire 2.7 ended on 10 May 2019 ?. We only support ProcessWire 3.x. But given that...

1 hour ago, Orkun said:

Media Manager Version: Media Manager (Process) v0.0.9 β

You are still on this very old version....I might be able to help. However, I suggest that you consider upgrading to 012 + ProcessWire 3.x. 

1 hour ago, Orkun said:

the only way it works for me is if I do the upload in the Incognito mode.

I don't see how this is related to uploading and the sql errors + the temporary files not getting deleted. 

1 hour ago, Orkun said:
  • post_max_size: Local Value(512M), Master Value(8M)
  • memory_limit: Local Value(512M), Master Value(128M)
  • file_uploads: On
  • upload_max_filesize: Local Value(512M), Master Value(2M)

post_max_size needs to be bigger than upload_max_filesize. See this post by Horst.

I have never been able to reproduce this nor has anyone else ever reported the issue. I think the best way forward is if you could set up a remote test environment where the problem is reproducible then I could come in and have a look. If that's not possible then consider granting me access to the production environment where the problem is occurring.

29 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Hi @Orkun,

I'd love to. However...

Support for ProcessWire 2.7 ended on 10 May 2019 ?. We only support ProcessWire 3.x. But given that...

You are still on this very old version....I might be able to help. However, I suggest that you consider upgrading to 012 + ProcessWire 3.x. 

I don't see how this is related to uploading and the sql errors + the temporary files not getting deleted. 

post_max_size needs to be bigger than upload_max_filesize. See this post by Horst.

I have never been able to reproduce this nor has anyone else ever reported the issue. I think the best way forward is if you could set up a remote test environment where the problem is reproducible then I could come in and have a look. If that's not possible then consider granting me access to the production environment where the problem is occurring.

Hi @kongondo

Thanks for your input. I have now adjusted the post_max_size to 1G and the
memory_limit to 2G since according to the php docs memory_limit needs also to be bigger than post_max_size.
Will see if this helps.

It is very strange that this SQL Error appears, I mean I have the following setting in MM for duplicate Media (see screenshot).
Normally It should just replace the existing media if there is a duplicate.

setting.thumb.png.1f63ef4f8e0c32cdcba492ba09d62d47.png

Could perhaps my change (that I had done a long time ago) for setting the page title for all languages be a problem? (line 1558)

duplicate_media.thumb.png.204d4125d9633f84d4df50f6500e0174.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right, that a upgrade to version 3 (PW) and to the newest MM Version would be a good idea.
But the problem is, that the system is a very big and complex (Multi-Lang, Multi-Site: approximately 15-20+ Websites, A lot of modules etc...) Processwire Installation.
And also there are a lot of users/editors that are editing daily.

Because of this the upgrade isn't easily feasible.
I had already started on a dev environment to upgrade to Version 3 and to trackdown all the problems that could appear and document them...

Are there any points I need to watch on when upgrading the Media Manager?
What problems could occur when upgrading (like for example media getting deleted or something?)

KR
Orkun

52 minutes ago, Orkun said:

Are there any points I need to watch on when upgrading the Media Manager?
What problems could occur when upgrading (like for example media getting deleted or something?)

There shouldn't be any problems and definitely nothing will get deleted.

It is very strange that this SQL Error appears, I mean I have the following setting in MM for duplicate Media (see screenshot).
Normally It should just replace the existing media if there is a duplicate.

Yes. Sometimes this problem occurs if there was a delay in creating the media but hard to tell unless I can see it for myself.

Could perhaps my change (that I had done a long time ago) for setting the page title for all languages be a problem? (line 1558)

Not sure. I'd have to test myself in a Multilingual setup. Have you tried removing the code to see if it helps? Maybe you can achieve what the code is doing in a Hook in ready.php?

I think this is what is happening:

1. You upload a file
  2. Upload goes through OK and is placed in /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show/
  3. The media creation process starts but fails. MySQL throws the error about duplicate entry. This interrupts the media creation process.
  4. The media creation process does not finish hence it doesn't return a success message to the uploader
  5. The uploader throws the error "Empty File Upload Result" Error.
  6. Since the media creation process was interrupted, the script doesn't reach the code that deletes the temporary files
  7. You end up with lots of temporary files.
  8. Maybe you also end up with empty pages (i.e., without media or title)? Could you check this please?

I had already started on a dev environment to upgrade to Version 3 and to trackdown all the problems that could appear and document them...

Good idea.

Edited by kongondo
clarification

16 minutes ago, hellerdruck said:

Any ideas?

Did you install Media Manager in a subfolder? If yes, sorry, it's a bug that occurs if you've installed Media Manager in a subfolder. It got fixed a while back but I haven't committed yet. For now, please do this:

Change this line in ProcessMediaManager.module around line #154:

"template=media-manager-settings, parent={$path},include=hidden"

to this:

"template=media-manager-settings,include=hidden"

If that's not it, then please supply more details about your setup. 

Thanks.

Edited by kongondo

6 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Did you install Media Manager in a subfolder? If yes, sorry, it's a bug that occurs if you've installed Media Manager in a subfolder. It got fixed a while back but I haven't committed yet. For now, please do this:

Change this line in ProcessMediaManager.module around line #154:

"template=media-manager-settings, parent={$path},include=hidden"

to this:

"template=media-manager-settings,include=hidden"

If that's not it, then please supply more details about your setup. 

Thanks.

that helped, thanks!

Just now, kongondo said:

Great! Was it a 'media-manager-installed-in-a-subfolder-issue'? I'd like to find out if the issue occurs in other setups as well. Thanks.

No, I uploaded the zip file by using the modules installation uploader. just upload, install, didn't work. hope that helps.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hellerdruck said:

by the way, is there a way to show a more "dataTables" kinda look? I find the thumbnails quite big for the file load we'll have.

You mean a tabular view like this?

https://mediamanager.kongondo.com/documentation/the-media-manager-admin/filtering-media-and-changing-display/

If that's not it, maybe I could add a setting to show smaller thumbs or even not at all. I'll that on my todo/to_think_about.

15 minutes ago, kongondo said:

You mean a tabular view like this?

https://mediamanager.kongondo.com/documentation/the-media-manager-admin/filtering-media-and-changing-display/

If that's not it, maybe I could add a setting to show smaller thumbs or even not at all. I'll that on my todo/to_think_about.

No, I meant rather some list-like thing. I wouldn't need a thumbnail preview for an excel file. A line of info, next line of info.. what you have there only kinda suits images.. I guess I'll find it in the CSS files then.

• 2 months later...

Hi @kongondo

We buyed the latest Version of Media Manager and I tried to upgrade our old Version (0.9) by moving the old module contents inside a ".old" folder
and upload the new module files and folder.

ftp.thumb.png.28bdf20d8dd6931aeb579d1697dab5ce.png

But now I am getting this error all the time, I can't access the backend anymore.
What I am doing wrong?

error.thumb.png.bfc50a637013014677318ebe26516c5b.png

PW Version is 3.0.165

• 1 month later...

Hi kongondo,

that was the problem that comes up every now and then:

message: "SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'name-of-the-image-1695' for key 'name_parent_id'""

message: "SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'name-of-the-image-1695' for key 'name_parent_id'""

we already talked about the following problem via mail (Subject: Some bugs with upload images).
here are some more details you asked for:

What versions of MySQL, ProcessWire and Media Manager are you using?

Windows IIS
MySQL: 8.0.15, MyISAM, utf8_general_ci, PHP extension MySQLi
PHP version 7.2.7
Media Manager (Process) v0.1.2 β

Did anything change on the server recently?

No

What is the average size of the images you are trying to upload?

2 -3 MB

Does the error happen with non-image media as well?

Yes

Is the error happening for different images or always the same image?

different

Is this a multilingual site?

Yes

at the moment we help ourselves with renaming the picture and always something like that 01 ... 02 ... 03 in front of the picture name, but even that does not work reliably.

thank you and greetings from munich

1 hour ago, entschleunigung said:

What versions of MySQL, ProcessWire and Media Manager are you using?

Windows IIS
MySQL: 8.0.15, MyISAM, utf8_general_ci, PHP extension MySQLi
PHP version 7.2.7
Media Manager (Process) v0.1.2 β

I see two potential suspects here; Windows IIS and MySQL 8. I haven't tested MM in Windows IIS. However, I think we have reached a point where it is best that I have access to a test server. This could either be a test site where you can reproduce the problem or the production site itself. I have never been able to reproduce the issue, albeit I have not tried in a Windows IIS environment. I don't have access to such an environment either, sorry. No other users have reported similar UNRESOLVED issues, so I have nothing else to go on regarding your particular case. 

1 hour ago, entschleunigung said:

at the moment we help ourselves with renaming the picture and always something like that 01 ... 02 ... 03 in front of the picture name,

That's not great! Please consider giving me temporary access to a site where I can debug the issue.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi kongondo,

unfortunately it is not possible for me to give you access to the site, otherwise I would have done it long ago. The client takes the topic GDPR very seriously and access for third parties is difficult. 

However, I've gotten the client to the point where we're changing the hosting, because there are other problems in this setup as well. I will definitely get back to you and report on the further progress. Thanks also for the support via mail.

Cheers

14 hours ago, entschleunigung said:

The client takes the topic GDPR very seriously and access for third parties is difficult. 

I understand

I will definitely get back to you and report on the further progress.

Please do. 

Thanks also for the support via mail.

You're welcome :-).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Good to be back developing in ProcessWire, but I must admit I am a little rusty.

Just installed version 012 on a fresh install of PW version 3.0.165  and getting the following errors when trying to edit the uploaded image page under Admin -> Media -> Manager.

Whats also odd is when trying to upload at Media Manager -> Upload, the file appears to upload, but does not show up in the Images/All tab nor does the preview show up. On some occasions the file name is present, but others it is not. I ran the check field data with no issues reported and also uninstalled and reinstalled. 

What am I missing.

Running php 7.4.3 and Mysql 8

915426423_ScreenShot2020-10-27at10_13_57PM.thumb.png.4e0133eab04d7cd0b3f29520b3f6682f.png

Hi kongondo,

Thanks for the quick replay. Your solution seems to work. I do have a follow up regarding tags. I am unable to successfully return images with the getTag() or findTag() methods that are available. Am I misunderstanding something? 

Media Manager Field. Returns empty string

$test = $theme_options->media_manager->getTag("MainNavLogo");

Default Image Field Returns ProcessWire\Pageimage

$test = $theme_options->images->getTag("MainNavLogo");

Thanks for your time.

• kongondo changed the title to Media Manager Archive
  • kongondo pinned and locked this topic