Media Manager Archive

kongondo

On 2/5/2020 at 8:30 PM, xportde said:

Do you mean Image maximum width / height? So I misunderstood the notes Maximum width / height of resized images (pixels),

Yes.

I thought, this settings are for resizing, not for uploading?

They are for both. If using resizing feature, the images will be constrained to those limits. If they fall short of the minimum, the images are discarded. If not using resizing, original images should meet the minimum and maximum constraints. 

Maybe you could write the notes accordingly (Max width / height for uploaded images)?

Good idea. I'll see how to better word this. I am coming up blank at the moment ?

Downloading Media From Media Manager Library

I was recently asked whether it was possible to download media already uploaded to Media Manager. Currently, there is no automated way to do this. However, using the ProcessWire API, one can achieve this. Below is a starter code showing how one can download image media from Media Manager. I'll consider adding this feature to Media Manager.

Please note that I have deliberately left Tracy debugging statements in the code. You will want to wrap this around a check if user is Superuser.

// get limited number of media manager images
$mmPages = $pages->find('template=media-manager-image, limit=10');
$tempName = 'media_manager_downloads';// temporary name for folder to place images in

// 1. MAKE DIRECTORY
// @note: could have used $files->tempDir('hello-world'); but not working for some reason
// create a new directory in ProcessWire's cache dir
$copyTo = $config->paths->cache . $tempName;
if($files->mkdir($copyTo)) {
    // directory created: /site/assets/cache/media_manager_downloads/

// 2. COPY IMAGES
    // get and copy image assets
    foreach($mmPages as $p) {
        $images = $p->media_manager_image;
        foreach($images as $image) {
            //bd($image->filename,'image path')// to debug image path
            $copyFrom = $image->filename;
            $bool = $files->copy($copyFrom, $copyTo);
            //bd($bool,'copied?');// just to test if files were copied
        }
    }

// 3. ZIP IMAGES
    // if files were copied, zip them
    if(!empty($files->find($copyTo))){
        // create zip of all files in directory $copyTo to file $zip
        $zip = $config->paths->cache . "media-manager-image-files.zip";
        $result = $files->zip($zip, $copyTo);

echo "<h3>These files were added to the ZIP:</h3>";
        foreach($result['files'] as $file) {
            echo "<li>" . $sanitizer->entities($file) . "</li>";
        }

if(count($result['errors'])) {
            echo "<h3>There were errors:</h3>";
            foreach($result['errors'] as $error) {
                echo "<li>" . $sanitizer->entities($error) . "</li>";
            }
        }

// 4. SEND FILES TO BROWSER FOR DOWNLOADING
        // if files were added to zip file, send them
        if(!empty($result['files'])){
            bd($zip,'files were added');
            $files->send($zip);
        }
    }

else {
        bd('NO FILES FOUND!');
    }

}

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the Media Manager on a clean PW installation and encountered a problem: Multiple image upload is not working.

I am unter the "upload" tab and drag some images into the field. Then click "start". The upload progress bar is growing for 1 second then suddenly it shrinks back to zero and the image upload list is cleared. No images were uploaded. What is wrong? 
The image size is lower than the max upload size setting in my PHP.ini so that cannot be the reason. The images are about 3 MB each with a resolution of 5184x3456px. That should not be a problem at all?

Second - whenever I alter something in the "settings" tab it is NOT saved. For example: Upload mode -> Single file uploads set to false.

20 hours ago, Stefanowitsch said:

I just installed the Media Manager on a clean PW installation and encountered a problem:

Hi @Stefanowitsch,

Sorry for the issues you are currently experiencing.

20 hours ago, Stefanowitsch said:

whenever I alter something in the "settings" tab it is NOT saved. For example: Upload mode -> Single file uploads set to false.

This is a strange one. It might mean Media Manager was not installed correctly and the settings page is not found. It might be the cause of your other issue.

Via email (using the email in your receipt) or PM could you please:

1. Send me a screenshot of the open tree at Admin > Media Manager.
  2. Confirm that these fields were created: media_manager_audio, media_manager_document, media_manager_image, media_manager_settings, media_manager_video.
  3. Confirm that these templates were created: media-manager, media-manager-audio, media-manager-document, media-manager-image, media-manager-settings, media-manager-video.
  4. The version of ProcessWire you are using.
  5. The PHP version your server is running.
  6. Any error messages, in the console and in TracyDebugger (hopefully, you have this installed)

Thanks.

Hi @kongondo

We have a problem with uploading some mp3 files.

We can't upload a specific .mp3 file in the media manager because on the server it returns application/octet-stream as mime-type instead of audio/mpeg.

But when I check with finfo or mime_content_type on a localhost it returns audio/mpeg mimetype.

Even when I check the mime-type on the mac osx terminal (file --mime-type -b filename) it returns audio/mpeg.

What should I do? I also can't find an online tool where the customer could repair the mp3 file or something.

I downloaded the file from the dropbox account/link of the customer.

The funny thing is, when i convert that mp3 file to wav it can be uploaded.

KR
Orkun

@kongondo Any news on this? 

What I could do is, is to add the "application/octet-stream" mimetype for mp3 extensions. I could do this inside the method "mimeTypes" of the File "MediaManagerUtilities.php" but don't know if this is a good Idea.

KR
Orkun

On 3/6/2020 at 7:48 AM, Orkun said:

@kongondo Any news on this? 

What I could do is, is to add the "application/octet-stream" mimetype for mp3 extensions. I could do this inside the method "mimeTypes" of the File "MediaManagerUtilities.php" but don't know if this is a good Idea.

KR
Orkun

Sorry for the late response @Orkun...

No, that wouldn't be a good idea. One, it would just get overwritten on an upload and secondly, that is not a correct mimetype for mp3s. 

On 3/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, Orkun said:

I found a tool which "fixed" the mp3 file so that I could upload it again in media manager.

Glad you got it sorted. 

It seems PHP will sometimes misclassify the the mimetypes of some mp3s. Here's a discussion about it on SO. This might also be of relevance (corrupt ID3 tags)

Hi @kongondo

Is it normal that the folder in /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show/ is full of files/duplicate files? We can't upload any files anymore, because we are getting the error of duplicate media page (empty file upload result). It looks like he tries to create a page from a file from the .files_no_show folder but that page with the name already exists.

Isn't the /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show/ just a temporary folder? Shouldn't be the file deleted after the media page was created?

KR
Orkun

Hi @Orkun,

On 3/20/2020 at 7:35 AM, Orkun said:

Isn't the /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show/ just a temporary folder?

Yes it is just a temporary folder.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:35 AM, Orkun said:

Shouldn't be the file deleted after the media page was created?

It should. It works fine here. Could you please tell me about your setup? (ProcessWire and PHP versions, etc).

I am not sure whether it is a file permission issue. Are you on a Windows machine?

Alternatively, maybe you are trying to upload very large images and the system does not finish and you are trying to re-upload?

Please let me know.

Hello,

This is primarily directed to MAC users and/or MAMP users.

Recently, some Media Manager users have reported that their settings are not getting saved, especially the After Uploading setting. I have to replicate the issue on clean installs with nothing but MM, JqueryFileUpload and Tracy without success. Here's what we know so far:

• The settings actually get saved in the Database; the issue is what is saved is not what gets displayed in the GUI. Meaning, it always shows the default setting.
  • For one user, the issue only appeared when they were using WAMP or XAMP. For the other user the issue appeared on both MAC and Windows. I don't have a MAC to test on.
  • I have tested on both single language and multilingual sites. I can't replicate the issue.
  • PHP, MySQL versions don't seem to be the issue. We've been testing on PHP 7.2+.
  • I have tested on both the latest master and dev versions of PW.
  • Those experiencing the issue see the same behaviour in Chrome, FF and Edge. I am not sure about Safari.
  • We don't think there's a browser extension interfering.
  • Media Manager version 012 (latest).

Is there anyone with MM version 012, a bit of time and preferably a MAC and MAMP who can help us figure this out please? Any other ideas?

Many thanks.

Hi kongondo,

I just wanted to report a little UI inconsistency: I was editing a CKEditor-textarea and inserted a link by using "Select Media from Media Manager". In the Media Manager modal window, I used the table view, in order to see the filenames. Now, selecting any of the thumbnails didn't give any visual feedback. The red frame indicator only appears in the grid view, but not in the table view. I did a clean install of Processwire and Media Manager, but the issue persisted.

Update: I think I found the issue. Here is a fix for insertMediaLINK($s) in MediaManager.js:

Before:

$inputs.each(function () {
    // skip current input
    if ($(this).attr('id') == 'media-' + $dataValue) return;
    // invert checked status
    $(this).prop("checked", inverseState).change();
});

After:

$inputs.each(function () {
	// skip current input
	var $dv = $(this).attr('id').substr(6).replace('-tabular', '');
	if ($dv == $dataValue) return;
	// invert checked status
	$(this).prop("checked", inverseState).change();
});

The line was taken from removeMediaThumbsView($a) in InputfieldMediaManager.js.

Edited by nurkka
Found issue, (hopefully) fixed it
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 3:14 PM, kongondo said:

Recently, some Media Manager users have reported that their settings are not getting saved, especially the After Uploading setting.

This seems to have been an issue with sites installed in sub-folders. I'll fix this in next update. 

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @kongondo,

On 2/27/2020 at 2:43 PM, Stefanowitsch said:

I just installed the Media Manager on a clean PW installation and encountered a problem: Multiple image upload is not working.

I am unter the "upload" tab and drag some images into the field. Then click "start". The upload progress bar is growing for 1 second then suddenly it shrinks back to zero and the image upload list is cleared. No images were uploaded. What is wrong?

I'm encountering the same problem as @Stefanowitsch on the latest Media Manager: Multiple image uploads not working, exactly how he described it. Did you find a solution?

Second - whenever I alter something in the "settings" tab it is NOT saved. For example: Upload mode -> Single file uploads set to false.

I do *not* experience this problem, so it may be unrelated...

Thank you ?

Hi @dynweb,

Sorry about the issue you are encountering.

46 minutes ago, dynweb said:

Did you find a solution?

Yes. The value of PHP (php.ini) post_max_size was low. Please let me know what your settings are for the following:

• post_max_size
  • memory_limit
  • file_uploads
  • upload_max_filesize
49 minutes ago, dynweb said:

I do *not* experience this problem, so it may be unrelated...

This one (settings not getting saved) was related (at least in one case) to ProcessWire being installed in a sub-directory ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Mustafa-Online,

1 hour ago, Mustafa-Online said:

I have just bought the Media Manager Module,

Thanks for the purchase.

1 hour ago, Mustafa-Online said:

Upload is not working!
when i click on start button nothing shows on media manager page!

Sorry about this. 

Please check and confirm the following:

• post_max_size
  • memory_limit
  • file_uploads
  • upload_max_filesize

In addition, please confirm the following:

• What are you trying to upload?
  • Are they perhaps smaller/larger than what you have in the settings for minimum/maximum sizes?
  • Is this a multilingual site?
  • ProcessWire version.
  • PHP version.

Thanks.

@kongondo

• post_max_size = 512M
  • memory_limit = 512M
  • file_uploads = On
  • upload_max_filesize = 2G

--------------------------------------------

• What are you trying to upload: I tried almost every type (jpeg png pdf doc docx ppt mp3 mp4)
  • Are they perhaps smaller/larger than what you have in the settings? I even tried 3kb file size with no luck
  • Is this a multilingual site? No It's a fresh installtion
  • ProcessWire version: PW Dev 3.0.156
  • PHP version: 7.2.27

@Mustafa-Online,

What are you Media Manager settings for the following?

After Uploading

mm_settings_after_uploading.thumb.png.68f13205c4f27fbb9a7f85df5da2ba4a.png

Image Extensions

mm_settings_image_extensions.thumb.png.a568c884885b54df4584dacdd6511139.png

Have a look at the dev tools, network tab, xhr when uploading:

• Are the files posted?
  • What response does the server return?

Do you have the following directories under /site/ ?

• /sites/assets/MediaManager/jqfu
  • /sites/assets/MediaManager/uploads

Btw, post_max_size needs to be bigger than upload_max_filesize. See this post by Horst.

Could you try with config->debug=true and TracyDebugger and let me know if you get any errors please? I have just tested with the latest dev version and it works OK.

@kongondo -- Yes I have  jqfu & uploads folders. I also modeified the post_max_size so it's bigger than upload_max_filesize

I get this in network tab >> Notice: Media Manager: No valid media found to add to Media Library

trc.thumb.PNG.9795df1c6467514111bffb52d9e73ee4.PNG

mdddd.PNG.c61f265e9aa42d02b089273cfb5f3f80.PNG

media-1.PNG.3168054007b428906ec641b783241c7e.PNG

One More thing: I checked again, all the files I tried to upload are available in PW assets folder!

2 hours ago, Mustafa-Online said:

One More thing: I checked again, all the files I tried to upload are available in PW assets folder!

Please confirm where exactly in the assets folder. With the settings you've shown me, they should be in /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show

Please also confirm:

• Are you on MAMP?
  • Are you on a Windows or a Mac or other?
  • Is ProcessWire installed in a sub-folder?

Sorry for the hassle. I'd really like to get to the bottom of why for most MM works flawlessly and for a few others there are upload issues. 

Thanks.

• kongondo changed the title to Media Manager Archive
  • kongondo pinned and locked this topic