Media Manager Archive

kongondo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, quickjeff said:

One centralized location for images. But I am running your blog module and latest processwire. Just didn’t want to break what I have built. :-) 

Interesting idea. I'll have think. Maybe we can include and option in blog to specify the image field to use, including Media Manager field and similar.

• 2 months later...

Preview of upcoming Media Manager Version 012

1. Better, cleaner, ProcessWire 3 UI!
  2. Custom columns (add custom fields to media templates; frontend access via API: e.g. $m->email; $m->body, etc)
  3. Edit media page directly
  4. Ajax update of Media Manager field on a page
  5. Disable media views centrally (e.g. manage only image media)
  6. Add extra images to image media field (e.g. front, back, top, side views, etc of an image)
  7. Better media previews
  8. More.....

ETA: 3 - 5 weeks

Early screenshots (some stuff subject to change)

mm_version_012_preview_001.thumb.png.2f4676923fe7139ed858426f444f1a66.pngmm_version_012_preview_002.thumb.png.d25ed98157ab9bc71b2ea5e527078fba.pngmm_version_012_preview_003.thumb.png.059164bbcf2948ec8a06dd2aed962319.pngmm_version_012_preview_004.thumb.png.9c72cb1dc16b55310b2ff343f9b4230f.pngmm_version_012_preview_005.thumb.png.c0de5998e5fb6ff6ec17f788de81c20a.pngmm_version_012_preview_006.thumb.png.7d332f700788aa4055a2fcd0e901b3ed.pngmm_version_012_preview_007.thumb.png.54ed396896f9bb917fab0b4e7f32abab.pngmm_version_012_preview_008.thumb.png.37af0aaec2235fae47f6d5d6fce72fe1.png

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, abmcr said:

Bravo!!!! Very very beautiful; i have buyed the module a year ago.... and it work very well.

The new ProcessWire 3 UI seems perfect....

Glad you liked the module :).

1 hour ago, abmcr said:

Do you release a beta?

Yes, but a closed one for a couple of people who are still in the free upgrade period.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

is there a way to edit filenames within Media Manager when editing image attributes like title etc.? If not, is this feature already on the roadmap? Or any ideas how to extend Media Manager?

One of our clients is requesting this feature to enable their SEO agency to optimize image file names.

Thanks a lot,
Alex

12 hours ago, xportde said:

is there a way to edit filenames within Media Manager when editing image attributes like title etc.?

Not currently. You will be able to do this in the next version of Media Manager (v12) which will be out in the next couple of weeks. Media editing has been changed. Editors can now edit the media page directly, meaning, you can edit the image and other fields directly in the page where it lives using native ProcessWire features. ProcessWire now allows the editing of a file name by clicking on it. By editing the media page directly, you will be able to do this and lots of other stuff. See the gif below for an illustration.

media-manager-v12-image-edit.thumb.gif.e870d0a1338ccdd7ed6cce5646b326cd.gif

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9.2.2018 at 12:20 PM, kongondo said:

Glad you liked the module :).

Yes, but a closed one for a couple of people who are still in the free upgrade period.

Hi kongondo,

any news regarding the release date for Media Manager 012? Will there be multilanguage support for title and description fields in v012?

Is there a way to participate in beta test? We purchased your module in may 2017, I think.

Thanks,
Alex

On 3/22/2018 at 9:28 AM, xportde said:

any news regarding the release date for Media Manager 012?

There has been a bit of a delay, I'm afraid. It might be another 3-4 weeks (with Easter around the corner), sorry.

Will there be multilanguage support for title and description fields in v012?

Yes :). See this quick video demo.

Users will be able to edit media as normal ProcessWire pages. You can upload more media to the page, sort the media, edit image media using the new and any future ProcessWire image functions (focus, crop, sepia, etc), add more fields to the media templates, e.g. text, integer, page fields, etc, (and be able to access these fields using Media Manager API), etc. Basically, you'll be able to do whatever you can do to any ProcessWire page.

Is there a way to participate in beta test?

Yes. I'll tell you more via email.

Edited by kongondo
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @kongondo

I previously encountered an error in the media manager because of a javascript section in ProcessMediaManager.js.

This Code

closeDialog = function(s=1000) {
		setTimeout(function() {
			//$('div.ui-dialog-titlebar button.ui-dialog-titlebar-close').click();
			parent.jQuery('iframe.ui-dialog-content').dialog('close');
		}, s);
}

cause this error on IE and older Safari Versions (9.1.2, It worked though in newer versions -> 11.1) for me:

5acc743747955_Bildschirmfoto2018-04-10um09_58_11.thumb.png.f5db501d10573d82650d4468214c3e43.png

Because of this error the Media Manager doesn't worked correctly anymore (JS didn't function right like mm_top_panel was hidden etc...). I fixed it with changing it to this:

closeDialog = function(s) {
		/*temporary fix*/
		if(s === undefined){
			   s = 1000;
		}
		setTimeout(function() {
				//$('div.ui-dialog-titlebar button.ui-dialog-titlebar-close').click();
				parent.jQuery('iframe.ui-dialog-content').dialog('close');
		}, s);
}

Just wanted to draw attention to it since other people could also have this problem. I am using an older Media Manager Version (9.0) so please don't mind if this problem is already fixed in the newer versions of the module.

Kind regards
Nukro

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @kongondo,

The Module is looking great.
Does it also allow YouTube and Vimeo to be injected into the Manager?
I want my clients to be able to create an easy sortable list of Images, YouTube's and Vimeo's.
I do have custom Fieldtypes which gets the thumbnails and additional info from these platforms. Is there an easy way to integrate this into the Module?

Best,
Harm

Hi @harmvandeven,

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for the purchase.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, harmvandeven said:

Does it also allow YouTube and Vimeo to be injected into the Manager?

Currently no, but it's something I've thought about, briefly. I've not been able to decide how to best implement it. For instance, they would need to live under /video/. However, that would require a video file to be uploaded. Also, should the videos be embedded or not, etc? Thinking out loud, maybe we should have a different media type for online content - mainly for YT and Vimeo.

I want my clients to be able to create an easy sortable list of Images, YouTube's and Vimeo's.

What's the workflow? Your custom module gets the thumbnails and then you upload these as images to Media Manager? Do you want them to be able to play the related videos by clicking on the thumbs? Frontend, Backend?

I do have custom Fieldtypes which gets the thumbnails and additional info from these platforms

Sounds cool.

Is there an easy way to integrate this into the Module?

Hard to tell without knowing more about how your modules work. We can discuss here or in PM or email if you wish.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:04 PM, xportde said:

@kongondo do you have any news regarding release date of Media Manager version 012?

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex. Not yet. Illness, Easter and Hay Fever all colluded against me:'(. Please note that I'm also upgrading Jquery File Upload alongside Media Manager. I'm working as fast as I can :).

• Like 1

Hi @kongondo,

Thanks for the quick reply, despite all the collusion against you :).

On 4/22/2018 at 11:54 AM, kongondo said:

Currently no, but it's something I've thought about, briefly. I've not been able to decide how to best implement it. For instance, they would need to live under /video/. However, that would require a video file to be uploaded. Also, should the videos be embedded or not, etc? Thinking out loud, maybe we should have a different media type for online content - mainly for YT and Vimeo.

I'm not sure where it should live. I do think you shouldn't get to many categories/media types. From a user perspective it would make sense to be able to add them to /video/. But I'm not sure how how much work it would be to integrate this into your current Media Manager.

On 4/22/2018 at 11:54 AM, kongondo said:

What's the workflow? Your custom module gets the thumbnails and then you upload these as images to Media Manager? Do you want them to be able to play the related videos by clicking on the thumbs? Frontend, Backend?

Right now I've created a Inputfield and Fieldtype module (for both Vimeo and YouTube). In a simple input field you enter the URL of the video and the module then retrieves thumbnails and additional data form the video using the Vimeo and Google API's. In the config of the module you can set an image field where the thumbnails will be stored. Once additional data has been retrieved you get a video embedded into the backend and an Object with the embed code and additional data to the Frondend.

I'll send you the Bitbucket repo's in a PM.
I'm curious what you think of the integration possibilities. 

Best,
Harm

• Like 1

Hi @harmvandeven,

9 hours ago, harmvandeven said:

I'm not sure where it should live. I do think you shouldn't get to many categories/media types. From a user perspective it would make sense to be able to add them to /video/.

OK. Makes sense.

But I'm not sure how how much work it would be to integrate this into your current Media Manager.

It doesn't sound too difficult given the Vimeo/YT API.

I'm thinking we'll add a setting in MM for users to indicate whether they'll want to view/manage online content such as YouTube. We'll create a list for this but currently, support only YT and Vimeo. Later, we could expand this to include other media sources.

In a simple input field you enter the URL of the video and the module then retrieves thumbnails and additional data form the video using the Vimeo and Google API's.

We can add the input to the upload screen as a third tab (only visible if users indicate they'll want to view/manager online content such as Vimeo). So, Add Scan / Online (or Other or something appropriate) - I'll be removing the 'Help' tab. With good documentation, we don't need it. I'll be working on the docs once version 012 is in beta testing. We'll also have an input for the media Title.

10 hours ago, harmvandeven said:

In the config of the module you can set an image field where the thumbnails will be stored.

We'll either reuse the file field that video media use to store the image or copy and reuse the image field that image media use in the video media templates. 

Once additional data has been retrieved you get a video embedded into the backend and an Object with the embed code and additional data to the Frondend.

We'll use an InputfieldTextarea field to store the embed code and other data. We can just reuse the Textarea field we use for MM settings - copy that to the video template. Again, this field will only be added to the video template if online content feature will be used.

For the frontend, we'll have video media return a property with the data required for video output.

I think that should cover it.

I'll send you the Bitbucket repo's in a PM.

OK. I'll have a look.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just bought and installed the module (v0.1.1 with Jquery File Upload v0.0.6), but get the same “Empty file upload result” error messages as mentioned a year ago. ?  (Using PW 3.0.98) 

A little bit of testing revealed an interesting pattern:

1. I upload a single image which is processed without problems. -> Shows up as it should. (I use “After Uploading“ setting no. 1.)
  2. I upload a second single image which returns the “Empty file upload result” error message. -> New image doesn’t show up in the Media Manager and the three temporary files in /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show and in /site/assets/MediaManager/jqfu/.files_no_show/thumbnails exist and look good when looked at in the browser.
  3. I upload a third single image which is processed without problems. -> Now all three images (including the second one) show up correctly in the Media Manager.

Unfortunately I can’t tell the exact reason why the error message appears. I even tested small images (around 260 KB, so that should not trigger any memory problems while processing): The png version of one image could be uploaded while the jpg version triggered the “Empty file upload result” error message. The jpg version had about the same filesize as the png file—compressed as well as uncompressed, according to the infos in GIMP.

4 hours ago, Michael van Laar said:

I just bought and installed the module

Thanks for the purchase.

4 hours ago, Michael van Laar said:

but get the same “Empty file upload result” error messages as mentioned a year ago

Sorry to hear that. The empty file upload result error is only a generic message for when the server returns an error or malformed JSON in response to the ajax upload. We need to get to the exact message returned. In Chrome dev tools (or similar), could you please check the ajax response and let me know the exact error returned? Also let me know the names of the images you are uploading and your server environment, thanks.

• kongondo changed the title to Media Manager Archive
  • kongondo pinned and locked this topic