Media Manager Archive

kongondo

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Downgraded my site to 2.8.35 and still experienced the issue. A note, the MediaManager field is called inside a repeater, if that makes any different.

Update: Tested MediaManager on its own (without repeater) and the modal window works fine.

@Rudy. Sorry, my bad. ProcessWire 2.8 and 3.x are one and the same thing, save for namespacing. What I meant was please test in any PW 2.5 up to 2.7.  Oops, didn't take note that you were in a repeater. There have been other bugs reported about MM in repeaters in PW 3.x. So, I will file this under that, but just in case, if you can, please test in a PW pre-2.8 and let me know, just to be sure it's not an environment issue.

The issue is with repeater's ajax dynamic loading. It works fine when ajax option is turned off. If you can find the hook that gets called after the add new repeater child is clicked, you can probably get it to initialize the magnific call after that click.

I will leave it for now since there is a workaround. I know you've got many things on your checklist ;-)

Thx

Rudy

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The issue is with repeater's ajax dynamic loading. It works fine when ajax option is turned off. If you can find the hook that gets called after the add new repeater child is clicked, you can probably get it to initialize the magnific call after that click.

Thanks for pinning this down Rudy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kongondo said:

Thanks for pinning this down Rudy.

This function here listens for repeater's events and initialize jQuery Magnific inside a repeater. Tested on my site only though. EDIT: Also need to check if repeater is being used or not.

// magnific
$(document).ready(function(){

// If repeater field 
	if ( $('.InputfieldRepeaterAddItem').length ) {
		//console.log('Repeater is being used');
		$(document).on('click opened openReady repeateradd', function(){
			initMagnificPopup();
		});
	} else {
		//console.log('Repeater is NOT being used');
		initMagnificPopup();
	}

});//end jquery

// Initialize Magnific
function initMagnificPopup() {
	$('a.add_media').magnificPopup({
		type:'iframe',
		callbacks: {
			close: function() {
			// will fire when popup is closed
				window.location.reload(true);// force parent page refresh on modal close
			}
		}

});
}

Edited by Rudy
Add conditional to check for repeater usage
  • Like 2

Hiya, I'm looking forward to seeing the newest version of Media Manager with the upload directly from CKEditor feature. 

Having used the module on my site for a few weeks, it's becoming clear that with the number of images I'm using (it's a document library so there are hundreds and hundreds already), it's becoming unmanageable to use Media Manager, even with the ability to filter by tags. There are a number of different people using the system so it's chaos at the moment.

With this in mind, would it be possible to add the ability to create folders for various groups of images? That way people could upload to a folder specific to their document. Obviously they would still be able to filter globally by tags or titles or whatever, but it would make the starting point so much easier to manage.

Hi @spacemonkey95,

I am not sure I follow. Tags are specifically what you need to group media. Creating subfolders (aka sub-media pages) would essentially mean a re-write of the module (unless am not thinking this through clearly). I also don't understand what you mean by starting point? Maybe if you could (graphically, if possible) explain your work flow? Thanks.

On the other hand, if what you need is the ability for users to be able to only see the media they uploaded, that I can add easily (in fact I have already tested and it works fine). Basically we would use 'created_users_id' to filter out other users' media. I could add this to the upcoming settings.

2 hours ago, kongondo said:

On the other hand, if what you need is the ability for users to be able to only see the media they uploaded, that I can add easily (in fact I have already tested and it works fine). Basically we would use 'created_users_id' to filter out other users' media. I could add this to the upcoming settings.

+1 for this capability

Hi @kongondo

I wanted to ask if its possible to have this list view change for the media manager fields also for the media manager process page? My Customer wants to see the filename of every image/file without clicking on it.

And have you thought about integrating this fixed filters(like Lister Pro) for the media manager? My customer needs them since it's a big company with many workers, and it would be just time consuming to build the filters every time when the user is logged in. 

Greetings Orkun

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nukro said:

Hi @kongondo

I wanted to ask if its possible to have this list view change for the media manager fields also for the media manager process page? My Customer wants to see the filename of every image/file without clicking on it.

And have you thought about integrating this fixed filters(like Lister Pro) for the media manager? My customer needs them since it's a big company with many workers, and it would be just time consuming to build the filters every time when the user is logged in. 

Greetings Orkun

@Nukro

1. List view: Yes, that's on my todo list right here

2. I need to dispense with version 7 first. Then I will look into if/how I can integrate custom filters

• Like 2

Hey kongodo!
I still don't get how the form for the variation-description is rendered..

i need to implement a multilanguage-solution, like i did for the original image...:

$languages = $this->wire('languages');
            $this->wire('user')->language = $languages->get("default");
                        foreach($languages as $lang) {
            $this->wire('user')->language = $lang;
                $this->wire('user')->language = $languages->get($lang->id);
                            $out .= '<label for="media_description_'.$lang->id . $mediaID . '">' .$lang->title . '</label>';
                            $out .= '<textarea class="lang" id="media_description_'.$lang->id . $mediaID . '" name="media_description_'.$lang->id.'">' . $m->description . '</textarea>';
            }

but i have no clue...

Edited by kongondo
code formatting

haha. WTF. ok! :) 

for now i simply copy-from-image-media  and overwrite the description for variations on save, which works... but it would be REALLY great, to have native multilanguage-support in the image-description (like it is in the core), i think. maybe, its something for the roadmap.

beside that, it's a pretty solid work!

• Like 1

@vanderbreye. Of course :). Remember this is ProcessWire..., the ProcessWire.

// This will search even in image variations
$media = $pages->find("template=media-manager-image, media_manager_image.description%=blue");
#echo count($media);
// first() in our case is always the main image/media.
foreach ($media as $m) echo $m->title . ': ' . $m->media_manager_image->first()->description . '<br>';

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

@kongondo, not sure if this has been requested in the past...

It would be nice to be able to edit the title, description and tags once media have been selected. 

Thx

Rudy

Rudy, am totally clueless about what you mean :). Please clarify. Selected where? In Inputfield/FieldtypeMediaManager? 

Media Manager version 007  (released (23/11/2016))

Happy to announce the latest release of Media Manager. Download via your purchase link.

Changelog

1. Multi-tagging: Added to the list of actions to apply to selected media. Tick the checkbox to replace rather than append to existing tags. 'Un-tagging' also available in the list of actions.
  2. Uploading now possible when in CKEditor context.
  3. Settings moved to own menu item.
  4. New settings added: Media title format; Handling duplicate media (all 4 media types); Display current users' media only; Media sorting + sort order
  5. Replace/Rename/Skip Duplicate media: When new media loaded and a duplicate is found in the library, this setting tells MM what to do. If using 'Replace' mode, existing tags and descriptions are preserved. There is also a setting to preserve or delete existing image media variations. @note: Might need a couple of refreshes (browser and/or MM before replacement media is shown).
  6. Media Sorting: Set via settings (@see #4).
  7. Live Media Sorting: In your Media Manager Library, select sort criteria (dropdown select) and sort order (checkbox). These override the sort settings in 'Settings' (@see #3).
  8. List and Grid View: Click on respective icons to switch to list versus grid view. In list-view, the current media (displayed on the right pane) remains in view as you scroll the page. @note: currently there is a bug where your media image will remain fixed at the top of the window when you scroll back up in cases where it is taller than your monitor. Please see this post.
  9. Insert Link and Insert Image: Streamlined insert link and insert image in CKEditor. MMLink and MMImage plugins are now obsolete! Go ahead and delete them please. Instead, we use and extend ProcessWire's inbuilt PWImage and PWLink. 
  10. Code refactoring, bug fixes, CSS fixes.

@note:

As previously announced, this version is still not yet certified as compatible with ProcessWire 2.8 and 3.X. This means the repeater matrix bugs will still be present. Next version of MM will be compatible with these versions of PW.

media-manager-insert-link-ckeditor.png

media-manager-insert-image-ckeditor.png

media-manager-insert-image-replace-ckeditor.png

media-manager-multi-tagging.gif

media-manager-media-replace.gif

media-manager-list-view.gif

media-manager-live-sort.gif

• Like 5

Thank you for the great update, kongondo. I will try the new version out very soon.

I use Media Manager extensively on the project I'm currently working on and trying to do - let's call it - context-based image descriptions.

I have many images that will be displayed on different product pages in a slideshow. So the same image/file will be used in different contexts and need a different description depending on the page.

The reason is that multiple products are shown on the same image.

• a) The obvious solution would be uploading the image multiple times as needed and give them different descriptions, but I really don't like this solution since a visitor would have to download more data than needed. That's not really optimized since the project already uses responsive images and lazy loading etc. yadda yadda ;-).

• b) I thought about using a repeater, but I can't use one since the site is already running on ProcessWire 3.0 and Media Manager isn't working in Processwire 3.0 repeater fields. If there would be a quick fix, I'll bet Francis would have included the fix in the latest update.

• c) Maybe there is another way. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much.

Regards

@kongondo

How do I have to update the Media Manager? Just overwrite the whole folder with the new one? It shouldn't affect any media manager fields that are assigned to templates or other related stuff with the media manager? Do I have to pay attention to some steps before replacing the old module folder with the new one? I just want to be careful and I dont want to break anything. :)

Greetings

Orkun

• kongondo changed the title to Media Manager Archive
  • kongondo pinned and locked this topic