Media Manager Archive

kongondo

Ok i solved the video problem with setting the maximum allowed size of uploaded files.

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 100M

; Must be greater than or equal to upload_max_filesize
post_max_size = 100M

I had 10M before and was trying to upload a 40M video..

• Like 1

On 27/09/2016 at 9:39 AM, kongondo said:

Hi @spacemonkey95. Thanks for the purchase.

Media Tags: The purpose of 'media tags'...is the same purpose as in ProcessWire (please note: all media can be tagged; not just images); namely, to group related media (images, documents, video or audio) to fulfil any number of functions - easier organisation, finding related things, etc. 

Filtering media by tags: Yes, it is already possible to filter images (or any other media) by tags both in the API and in your Media Manager Library (the Process Module). Please see the gif below.

What is pending is the ability to tag multiple media in one go. Currently, one can only tag one media at a time as shown in my post above. This can be tedious, hence the need for multi-tagging capability. I have started work on this new feature but it won't be ready this week but soon. It is also not possible, currently, to sort media by tags (i.e. the display of media in the Media Library - currently sorted by title). I am also working on implementing this.

Hope I've answered your questions.

Filtering media by tags

media-manager-media-tags-filter.gif

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The options shown in your gif aren't visible to me, so I'm unable to filter by tags. Do I have an older version installed? I only added it a few days ago.

I have another question that's just arisen too. I have superuser rights to my site, but I've assigned limited 'author' rights to another user. When they click on the Media Manager button in a CKEditor field, they get an 'Unrecognized path' error message with 'The process returned no content' underneath it. But it works fine for me. Do you know why this might be? Is it a permissions thing? If so how would I solve it?

Thanks

@spacemonkey95

Apologies, I should have been clearer that the gif in my post is for a dev version of Media Manager (i.e. Settings will move to its own menu). However, even with the current version, the one you downloaded (version: 006), you should still be able to filter by tags. I suspect that you did not enable tags for all your media templates. Your 'author user' not being able to access the media library via the CKEditor icon seems like a permission issue. For both issues, please follow the instructions provided in the 'Getting Started' documentation first and let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks.

Ah, I think maybe you misunderstood my question. I have already been able to insert images from Media Manager using a button on CKEditor, that works fine.

What I'm asking is whether it's possible to click on the CKEditor menu button and be able to UPLOAD new images from my computer to Media Manager. Otherwise I have to upload all the images I need before starting the page, or have a 2nd tab open with Media Manager in it.

For my particular project it would be a fantastic feature, at least to have the option to enable it.

I have a number of people adding documents to the site, almost all of which will require images as you go along, so it would make it so much easier.

Let me know what you think. That aside, it's a fantastic module and has made the process of creating my project so much easier than using the standard PW images. Thanks for your hard work and continuing support on it. :)

• Like 1

Hi @kongondo

Does this functionality scan all Image and File Fields for new media and create new media-manager-image/file pages? I think it scans the assets/files folders? I have a couple of image and file fields with media in it but the scan functionality can't find any media. Or do I missunderstand the use of this scan functionality?

scan.png

Greetings Nukro

On 29/09/2016 at 4:39 PM, spacemonkey95 said:

For my particular project it would be a fantastic feature, at least to have the option to enable it.

I have a number of people adding documents to the site, almost all of which will require images as you go along, so it would make it so much easier.

Let me know what you think. That aside, it's a fantastic module and has made the process of creating my project so much easier than using the standard PW images. Thanks for your hard work and continuing support on it. :)

Hi. Just to let you know that I will be including this feature in the next version of Media Manager. At the moment I don't have an ETA due to a couple of competing demands from my other commercial modules. I am hoping for a release in about 3 weeks's time. I hope that is not too late for your project? Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Nukro said:

Hi @kongondo

Does this functionality scan all Image and File Fields for new media and create new media-manager-image/file pages? I think it scans the assets/files folders? I have a couple of image and file fields with media in it but the scan functionality can't find any media. Or do I missunderstand the use of this scan functionality?

scan.png

Greetings Nukro

Hi. It does not scan your assets/files folder. Instead...

• It scans all media uploaded to a particular directory (see below)
  • The media could be 'loose' or zipped, in nested folders, etc..
  • Thorough checks (validation) are conducted: allowed extensions, mime_types, minimum and maximum file sizes, and for images minimum/maximum width and height. Any media failing any validation will be deleted
  • To use the function, FTP or upload media to the directory: /site/assets/MediaManager/uploads/
  • That folder should be created automatically when you access Media Manager if folder permissions allow. Otherwise, you'd have to create one
  • Each media will be correctly identified and added to the correct media type (audio, document, image, video) in your Media Library
  • Once added to the Library, the files uploaded to ..../uploads/ will be deleted

Hope this answers your question. Please also have a look at the 'help' tab under the menu 'Upload' in Media Manager.

Thanks.

EDIT: solution found, thanks @kongondo

Hi!
I have a problem with this Module.
I cannot select a single image to make changes in the description, etc, because it is always the FIRST image in the array selected (seen as the big image on the right).

if i choose another one (yes, even, if i only select one instead of more) , i can INSERT it, but impossible to get it "selected" and shown on the right side to make changes.

i have to use the filter to search for the image so that it will be in FIRST position on the left, only after this it is possible to select it.

i'm on PW2.7.2

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-03 um 11.13.47.png

@vanderbreye,

Many thanks for using Media Manager.

Apologies, documentation is seriously lagging behind. I am trying my best to complete it. 

To select a media for editing and preview, please click on its title. The module will remember the last clicked media and if it was being previewed or edited. The media currently on preview will be highlighted with a greenish/yellow box as seen in your image above and its title will be white text against a black background. For other manipulations such as inserting or applying bulk actions (e.g. publish, lock, etc), please click on the thumbnail itself. 

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers.

• Like 2

hey @kongondo, that does the trick. Thank you! 
maybe it is an option to make the selection obsolete, when the field is set to 1 Image only, and select it directly on click of the thumb?
also, i would suggest to let the "add Media" Link be visible if the maximal image count is reached - and then simply replace the image instead of first having to select & delete & save the image /page to add another media. :) i know, its not THAT simple, but i guess this would be a big improvement!

great module, though!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi. Just to let you know that I will be including this feature in the next version of Media Manager. At the moment I don't have an ETA due to a couple of competing demands from my other commercial modules. I am hoping for a release in about 3 weeks's time. I hope that is not too late for your project? Thanks.

Hi, that's great! I think we'll manage until then, but that will definitely help us in the long term. Thanks again

• Like 1

On 03/10/2016 at 4:40 PM, vanderbreye said:

and one more question: i might be wrong, but shouldnt it be possible to have multilanguage-descriptions? 

To be honest, I haven't tried this.  The editor grabs what PW returns as the description. I am so ignorant when it comes to multi-lingual setups. Do files/images have multiple inputs for tags and descriptions in such cases?

16 minutes ago, kongondo said:

To be honest, I haven't tried this.  The editor grabs what PW returns as the description. I am so ignorant when it comes to multi-lingual setups. Do files/images have multiple inputs for tags and descriptions in such cases?

i set it up by myself, to be honest, more like hacked it.
PW stores ML-Description as JSON {"0":"defaultlangtext","1022(aka LanguageID)":"anotherlangtext"}, and handles this internally. 

i added a textarea-field for each language in the "edit" template, and hide your default "description" textarea.  In the "save"-event in JS i simply create the json out of the contents of the different textareas and copy it over in the default-textarea before saving the $page. ;) Not the best way, but it's working.
you could also add different Fields like ("year", "artist", etc.) with this solution very quickly - by using other "ids" in the JSON.

the only problem i have right now is to populate the fields correctly, but i will try it by bypassing the language-hook today.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @kongondo

I have a question about uploading images/files with umlauts in the filename. When I upload a image like this for example:

umlaut in imagenames.png

It converts the filename to this:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-13 um 14.08.13.png

Is it possible to change this, that it takes the filename as it is? I'm also confused why it adds underscores since the filename doesn't have empty spaces? My Customer needs this, because he has many photos with french/german filenames (which has umlauts). 

Greetings

Orkun

I think this is a PW issue in general. I think there has been some discussion on it (but can't find it right now), so I am not sure why it was decided to not support utf8 filenames but that was before PW supportedUTF8 page names, so maybe it is time to revisit?

• Like 2

• kongondo changed the title to Media Manager Archive
  • kongondo pinned and locked this topic