htaccess gets overwritten

Peter Troeger

Hi :)

I'm having a strange problem and can't figure out what's going on.

On my processwire installation from time to time (very rarely actually, about 1 every 2 motnhs) my htaccess file is overwritten with an almost empty file, only containing: AddHandler x-mapp-php5.4 .php3 .php4 .php .phtml

Maybe someone on here has experienced that before?

Thanks for any help :)

Peter

Sounds like it might be a problem with your host. Have you used them on other non-Processwire projects before and not had any issues?

Not sure if it is an automated thing, or a permissions problem with the owner and access setup and someone is maliciously modifying it. Have a read of this to learn what the settings should be: https://processwire.com/docs/security/file-permissions/

Hi Peter, and welcome to the forums.

I have a strange feeling you're on 1and1 hosting - though, I could be entirely off-target here. I only guess as much because 1and1 (at least the UK 1and1) did that to me several years back.

Your best bet is to contact your host and ask what the issue may be. It could also have something to do with cron-jobs - if you have access to those, best you have a look there to see if any script has been programmed to overwrite the file.