Allow changes on user profile page without entering password

Robin S

I think this has been requested before, but I can't find the thread I read it in.

The user profile page can contain the selection for admin theme if more than one is installed, and possibly other fields too I believe. It would be good if these fields could be changed without having having to enter the user password. Also, if you forget to type in the password when attempting to change another field on this page and get the "Passwords do not match" error the change you were trying to make is not remembered and you have to make the change again.

Ahh, it's a Firefox-specific issue. Thanks for the info.

There are probably ways to get the desired behaviour in Firefox (e.g. give the password and confirm fields similar properties so they both get autofilled, or load the Set Password field with AJAX only if it is opened), but maybe it's not considered worthwhile to make such changes just for the quirks of one browser.

Maybe renaming the field to another name would solve the autofill issue as Firefox would only autofill e.g. "pass" and not "pass-change". At least it would ask if it should save the password, before autofilling it.

Edit: Scrap that. The login does already use a different name.