MarkupSimpleNavigation

cssabc123

This is what I want to render using the MarkupSimpleNavigation module.

<style>
.custom-restricted-width {
/* To limit the menu width to the content of the menu: */
display: inline-block;
/* Or set the width explicitly: */
/* width: 10em; */
}
</style>

<div class="pure-menu custom-restricted-width">
<span class="pure-menu-heading">Yahoo Sites</span>

<ul class="pure-menu-list">
<li class="pure-menu-item"><a href="#" class="pure-menu-link">Flickr</a></li>
<li class="pure-menu-item"><a href="#" class="pure-menu-link">Messenger</a></li>
<li class="pure-menu-item"><a href="#" class="pure-menu-link">Sports</a></li>
<li class="pure-menu-item"><a href="#" class="pure-menu-link">Finance</a></li>
<li class="pure-menu-heading">More Sites</li>
<li class="pure-menu-item"><a href="#" class="pure-menu-link">Games</a></li>
<li class="pure-menu-item"><a href="#" class="pure-menu-link">News</a></li>
<li class="pure-menu-item"><a href="#" class="pure-menu-link">OMG!</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

This is what I tried,

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
    <style>
        .custom-restricted-width {
        /* To limit the menu width to the content of the menu: */
        display: inline-block;
       /* Or set the width explicitly: */
       /* width: 10em; */
       }
    </style>

<meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<title>Your page title</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://yui.yahooapis.com/pure/0.6.0/pure-min.css">
</head>

<body>

<div class="pure-menu custom-restricted-width">
      <span class="pure-menu-heading">Yahoo Sites</span>

<?php $treeMenu = $modules->get("MarkupSimpleNavigation"); // load the module
          $options = array(
          'outer_tpl' => '<ul "pure-menu-list">||</ul>',
           'list_tpl' => '<li class="pure-menu-item">||</li>',
           'item_tpl' => '<a href="{url}" class="pure-menu-link">{title}</a>',
          );
          echo $treeMenu->render($options); // render default menu ?
       ?>
     </div>

</body>
</html>

Outputs a vertical and horizontal menu. But supposed to be just horizontal. What is wrong with my code?

tipp of the day on MarkupSimpleNavigation...

take the whole $options in your call....so you can't loose a wrong setting and have a better control of the html output, css classes and so on...

from my experience PURE CSS works great with the module..

Ok here you get a example menu from PURE CSS:

in my template depending on what setup you've choosen (main.php or head.php)

<?php echo $mainMenuNav; ?>

and i've a _func.php with my navigation and some other stuff

//mainMenuNav
$mainMenu = $modules->get("MarkupSimpleNavigation"); // load the module
	$options = array(
		'parent_class' => 'parent',		// overwrite class name for current parent levels
		'current_class' => 'current',	// overwrite current class
		'has_children_class' => 'has_children',    // overwrite class name for entries with children
		'levels' => true,    // wether to output "level-1, level-2, ..." as css class in links
		'levels_prefix' => 'level-',    // prefix string that will be used for level class
		'max_levels' => 1,    // set the max level rendered
		'firstlast' => false,    // puts last,first class to link items
		'collapsed' => false,    // if you want to auto-collapse the tree you set this to true
		'show_root' => true,    // set this to true if you want to rootPage to get prepended to the menu
		'selector' => '',    // define custom PW selector, you may sanitize values from user input
		'selector_field' => 'nav_selector',    // string (default 'nav_selector') define custom PW selector by using a property or field on a page. Use this setting if you want to overwrite the default nav_selector
		'outer_tpl' => '<nav><ul class="nav-list">||</ul></nav>',    // template string for the outer most wrapper. || will contain entries
		'inner_tpl' => '<ul>||</ul>',    // template string for inner wrappers. || will contain entries
		'list_tpl' => '',    // template string for the items. || will contain entries, %s will replaced with class="..." string
		'list_field_class' => '',  // string (default '') add custom classes to each list_tpl using tags like {field} i.e. {template} p_{id}
		'item_tpl' => '<li><a class="pure-button"  href="{url}">{title}</a></li>',    // template string for the inner items. Use {anyfield} and {url}, i.e. {headline|title}, if field is of type image it will return url to image (first image if multiple)
		'item_current_tpl' => '<li class="selected"><a class="pure-button" href="{url}">{title}</a></li>',    // template string for the active inner items.
		'xtemplates' => '',    // specify one or more templates separated with a pipe | to use the xitem_tpl and xitem_current_tpl markup
		'xitem_tpl' => '<a href="{url}">{title}</a>',    // same as 'item_tpl' but for xtemplates pages, can be used to define placholders
		'xitem_current_tpl' => '<span>{title}</span>',    // same as 'item_current_tpl' but for xtemplates pages
		'date_format' => 'Y/m/d',    // default date formatting for Datetime fields and native created/modified
		'code_formatting' => false,    // enable or disable code indentations and newslines in markup output
		'debug' => false,    // show some inline information about rendertime and selectors used as html comments
	);
$mainMenuNav = $mainMenu->render($options);

this is the whole simple call to fit PURE CSS classes and all that stuff...is running on this simple website.

best regards

PW don't have an effect on your frontend - if you get two menues you create or output theme somewhere....;)

• Like 1