Processwire is longterm

cssabc123

It's completely understandable this is a PW forum, so expect people here will think PW is the superior CMS.  Go to other forums they will think their CMS is the best. I personally think PW is a powerful useful CMS.  But the answer to the question on what is the best CMS is always opinion based. Only hard numbers are not debatable. 

Also think PW could be good match for big data. Can anybody give a link to a website that used PW for big data? Thank you for your help.

But the answer to the question on what is the best CMS is always opinion based. Only hard numbers are not debatable.

It very much depends on how the numbers are gathered. Here in Germany we have a saying that states: "Never trust a statistic you didn't forge by yourself". So do your own research. It's useless to go with a most used tool (e.g. wordpress) if it doesn't fit your needs. And nobody does know what you need but yourself. You can always use contributor counts or surveys as guidelines, but taking them for facts is in my honest opinion just stupid. Any single dedicated contributor is worth much more than any 100 contributors that issued/fixed a typo in the code at some time. These numbers aren't more than hints on how well a project is doing.

• Like 5

@cssabc123,

I'm debating the intention of your posts, but they are really starting to strike me as trolling.

If you want to talk about all the finer points of Wordpress, there is an excellent place to do that. Many of us take time out from our schedules to participate in these forums, and one the whole the community here tends to provide very thoughtful/courteous replies. This thread has meandered all around, and as your questions are answered, you seem to move on to something else. Again, I don't know your intentions, but it is becoming increasing difficult to take you seriously.

• Like 3

This is going nowhere. Questions, answers... (57 posts in a few days) that are, most of them, already in the Forums.

And some of them, wondering why they are even there.

Also, there seems to be some trolling style in the air(s).

If not, there is this on google: site:processwire.com/talk/ "your search". Try site:processwire.com/talk/ "silverstripe", or with wordpress or whatever.

Here is what I was about to write yesterday at some point (with some things I would have perhaps changed and other things I would have perhaps added):

"All this is already known/has already been discussed so many times.

These questions (and answers) don't go anywhere and don't add anything.

I've wondered several times if you weren't a silverstripe or wordpress developer/maintainer, that wanted to spam the forums.

And I've rarely had this impression."

... or who wanted to get ProcessWire's success ingredients to... change the potion that works or do whatever with them.

• Like 1

My best bet is that he is Siri/Cortana or he is collecting info for his dissertation/article/whatever.

The only positive outcome of this topic is WillyC's post informing us that google search is also on WP now :)

• Like 1