AutoContent generator

adrian

54 minutes ago, Joynal said:

Hi guys, I just installed and tested this module. I'm trying to generate page with dummy data. AutoContent module only fills page title field and other fields remain empty. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Maybe you are expecting it to populate the page's fields in the admin? This module is not designed to do that - it generates content when viewing the page on the frontend - this way your database remains unchanged and once you populate the field on the backend, the module leaves that field alone.

Or if I am mistaken, perhaps it's a PW 3.x/2.8 issue? I haven't had a chance to test with these yet.

2 minutes ago, Joynal said:

There is no faker formatter option for per field, It will be more convenient if every field has separate formatter.

Sorry, I must not be understanding - take a look at the screenshots in the first post - they show the options for defining the content for each field. I guess this is not what you are talking about though?

• 9 months later...
On 26.09.2016 at 1:46 PM, adrian said:

Maybe you are expecting it to populate the page's fields in the admin? This module is not designed to do that - it generates content when viewing the page on the frontend - this way your database remains unchanged and once you populate the field on the backend, the module leaves that field alone.

Or if I am mistaken, perhaps it's a PW 3.x/2.8 issue? I haven't had a chance to test with these yet.

Good day @adrian and everyone! I was just like @Joynal, thinking this module will generate fake data for all fields and save it in the database. Could you suggest a solution for that type of behavior? I need it to do some load testing for search functionality.

1 hour ago, Ivan Gretsky said:

I gave you 2 more) Will check it out. But still think @adrian's module coul have a "persistent" mode as well.

I don't have time right now, but I don't expect it would take too much to make it work to populate the fields in the backend, instead of just displaying on the frontend. 

Probably just a matter of a config setting and a new hook (in addition to the current Fieldtype::formatValue) to get it to populate the backend form fields instead.

Feel free to submit a PR :)

• Like 1