How to check if password field is populated with correct password?

totoff

Hi Forum,

I need to secure some downloads with a simple login form. As login tasks are new to me I try to adapt the code from this forum post for my purposes. This is where I am so far:

A page with input field type "password" (name "password").

This code:

<?php password protected areaif ($page->password) {	$pass = $page->password;	if ($input->post->pass != $pass) {    	echo "$page->body" . file_get_contents("./_login-form.inc"); // not logged in? get input form	} else {    	foreach ($page->downloads as $file) {    		echo "<h2>Sie sind eingeloggt</h2>";			echo "<ul>" .			"<li class='plain'><i class='fa fa-download'></i><a href='$file->url';?> $file->description</a></li>" .			"</ul>";			} // foreach	} // $input->post} //$page->password?>

And for _login-form.inc

<form method="post" action="./" accept-charset="UTF-8">    <input type="password" id="pass" name="pass" placeholder="" />    <button type="submit" name="submit" class="btn btn-success btn-block">Login</button></form>

Unfortunately the conditional always returns false even if the correct password has been entered into the form. This is the first time I'm using fieldtype password, thus I don't know how to check for the correct password entered (I understand the value is stored encrypted but that's all I know).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

It looks like you are just wanting to require just a password, and not a username as well? And it looks like there is only one valid password per page? If so, then just use a text field so you can match them directly (since a text field won't be encrypted).

Alternatively, you could use: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8387-page-protector/ - you'll likely want to use the Login Template option. This will require a username and password, so it may be more than you need.