Search within ProcessWire website/forums performs poorly

Robin S

I've noticed that the search box in the header of the ProcessWire website and forums doesn't work very well.

For instance, how is that a search in the Modules section for "admin custom files" doesn't deliver the page for the module with this exact name as the first result, or even anywhere on page 1? It doesn't appear in the results until page 4 of 5.

The forum search isn't great either, and maybe that's down to IP.Board. But what about the rest of the official PW site? Is that running on ProcessWire? It seems like a bit of a bad advertisement for PW if the official site is running it but the search doesn't work well. :rolleyes:

I find myself relying on the Google Custom Search to find things. Are there plans to improve the built-in search on the ProcessWire website?

The forum is not built on PW and the best option is definitely google site search.

For the main PW site and the modules subsite, the built-in search could probably still use some improvements, but a tip for the modules - enter as the classname, eg: http://modules.processwire.com/search/?q=admincustomfiles

Not perfect I know, but hopefully will help you out in the meantime.