BFD Calendar

Session expires

The $config->sessionExpireSeconds in config.php is set to 86400 but still I have to log in as admin after about 10 minutes of inactivity. Any other hidden corners where I should look to set this right?

$config->sessionChallenge is set to true.

$config->sessionFingerprint is set to false.

I'm pretty sure your problem is in PHP's session.cookie_lifetime setting. You can check the value with

echo ini_get('session.cookie_lifetime');

There are many ways to change it - for an example you can just put this in your config.php

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 86400);
  • Like 3

sforsman, thanks but that didn't solve the problem. Tried with different browsers from different locations on different computers... I have other sites with same provider and same config.php setup and no problem there. It remains a mystery to me.

echo ini_get('session.cookie_lifetime'); says 86400

@BFD Calendar Have you tried to set the $config->sessionExpireSeconds to something small like 30 sec or smthn to test if that line works or is considered at all... because I have a similar problem. I want to do some tests with session expiration, but when I change $config->sessionExpireSeconds to something small like 30 sec... it doesnt work in my case... I dont even know how long the session time is in my case... tried to wait like an hour without any activity and was still logged in... So yeah would appreciate if someone shares some knowledge on this issue...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

//edit: I've noticed something interesting; despite the directories of my web folders being the same layout; when I open the admin page i get a 404 on the processwire/ resource in the networks panel of chrome; on my laptop I get a  200.... I guess this is where my problem is; but why?

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

• By Peter Knight
      How do you guys handle large session tables when sessions are being recorded to the database?
      I notice one of my sites has a session table of over 14MB 
      Am I missing a way in the Admin or a module to auto-remove any sessions older than X days?
      Thanks

• By helmut2509
      In my PW-Application there is currently no session timeout.
      I want to set the user session to 60 minutes which means that after 60 minutes of inactivity the user will be redirected to the homepage.
      so I added the following entry to my config.php:
      $config->sessionExpireSeconds = 120; (120 seconds is just for testing).
      But after five minutes of inactivity I am still logged in, there is no redirection.
      Is there anything wrong or did I miss something?
      In php.ini I have the entry:
      session.cookie_lifetime = 3600
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm facing a weird issue here. I have a page loaded with this code inside (my comments in line ends) :

if ($session->allPlayers) { // Set in a head.inc file. I have also a $session->set('allTeams', $allTeams); in my head.inc   $allPlayers = $session->allPlayers; } else {   $allPlayers = getAllPlayers($user, false);   $session->set('allPlayers', $allPlayers); } bd($session->getAll()); // HERE, I get a number of 11 variables which is what I expect In the same page, I have a link pointing to ajaxContent.php that loads stuff via Ajax.
      I just write this in my ajaxContent.php to test :

bd($session->getAll()); // HERE, I get only 9 variables. All my newly set $session variables ($allTeams and $allPlayers) are not conveyed to ajaxContent.php ??? Would you have any idea why is that ??? Another thing : I have a $session->headMenu set in my head.inc, and this one works fine. I can retrieve it in my ajaxContent.php page.
      I've tried cleaning all caches but it doesn't change anything 😞 
      At first, I expected it to be a 15-minute update to my site... It turns out to be a 2-hour issue and I'm still  stuck.
      Thanks for your ideas !