kongondo

Module: RuntimeMarkup Fieldtype & Inputfield

i have one type of button that submits via ajax so does all of the processing without opening a new window; some of my more primitive versions just open a new window to run the action...

• Like 1

yeah, i also went with ajax for now. but it's strange that it worked before... and it seems more complicated now than necessary and with pw that's usually the feeling when something is wrong :) 

1 hour ago, bernhard said:

so what changed since your example here? and how could i detect clicks on buttons?

Nothing has changed. It works just fine. If you use $input->post in your 'my-file.php', it will work as expected. If used directly in 'Copy Paste' code, it won't.

1 hour ago, bernhard said:

and how could i detect clicks on buttons?

For buttons, that would have to be JS from what I see. E.g., dump this after if($copy) {} in my example in the quoted post:

echo '<pre>';
print_r($input->post);
echo '</pre>';
exit;

You will see all the POST values (but no 'submit_save' there; I guess the post is submitted in some other way) including the 'Create Copy' button, body fields, etc. So, to detect submit button, you could do the following in your 'my-file.php':

if($input->post->title) {
// blah blah
}

Hi Kongondo

Thanks for this great module! I use it on several templates and in the frontend everything works fine. I use it mainly to concatenate text… Now i have a firstname and lastname field on the user that i combine into a single runtimemarkup field "fullname" – it displays correctly in the frontend but the backend profile page does not display the computed value: return $page->firstname." ".$page->lastname;

Any ideas on why that could happen?

@noelboss - have you tried using TracyDebugger yet? You could get that going and then troubleshoot the contents of the $page in the profile editor; you may also be able to see warnings and errors when using Tracy. Using it is pretty much required if you are doing any serious dev work in the backend.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, noelboss said:

Hi Kongondo

Thanks for this great module! I use it on several templates and in the frontend everything works fine. I use it mainly to concatenate text… Now i have a firstname and lastname field on the user that i combine into a single runtimemarkup field "fullname" – it displays correctly in the frontend but the backend profile page does not display the computed value: return $page->firstname." ".$page->lastname;

Any ideas on why that could happen?

Welcome to the forums. Glad you find the module useful.

Regarding your question, it's hard to tell without seeing some code. Are you using the field directly in the ProcessWire user template or you have some other pseudo page for users?

On 06/09/2017 at 4:57 AM, kongondo said:

Are you using the field directly in the ProcessWire user template or you have some other pseudo page for users?

I'm guessing he is talking about the profile edit interface (ProcessProfile). There are a couple of places where the module assumes/requires ProcessPageEdit.

Hi all. 

I am intending to ONLY support ProcessWire 3.x starting from the next version of this module. Please have a read here and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Is it possible to use field collapsed status with this - since the module itself doesn't have a value that can trigger 'populated' status (?)... I'm using a lot of these on a page , but need keep them all open...

On 01/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, Macrura said:

but need keep them all open...

Aren't they all staying open?

On 01/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, Macrura said:

Is it possible to use field collapsed status

Will investigate. 

oops, mis-typed, i meant keep closed when blank; they do stay open if set to open.

I guess maybe i need to make sure my code returns empty for this to work; will check again.

Can't believe I discovered this awesome module only recently... I mean, it's over 2 years old now already :o

Here's another use-case: 

• Like 3

I'm getting a strange glitch with this.  I'm on PW 3.0.9.  If I put my code directly into the field it works fine, but if I try to use an external file using return ProcessWire\wireRenderFile('runtime.php');  the page is always returned as page id 10, not the the page I'm on.   

Not tragic as I can put the code directly in the field but would be better to have it external if possible.

Thanks!

Heather

Hi @hezmann

33 minutes ago, hezmann said:

I'm getting a strange glitch with this.  I'm on PW 3.0.9.  If I put my code directly into the field it works fine, but if I try to use an external file using return ProcessWire\wireRenderFile('runtime.php');  the page is always returned as page id 10, not the the page I'm on.   

That's because the code (in the field) is locally scoped so that $page refers to the page you are editing. However, if using wireRenderFile(), you need to get the page being edited yourself. When editing a page, the page (named) edit is what ProcessWire assigns to $page. The page edit has the id 10. So, what you need is code like below to get the page being edited:

$currentPage = '';
$process = wire('process'); 
if($process && $process->className() == 'ProcessPageEdit') $currentPage = $process->getPage();
if(!$currentPage) return;
// if you get here $currentPage is the page being edited

More in this post. Sorry, this should be in the docs. I will update the docs at some point (when I get the time).

Hope this helps.

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 1

Is it possible to use this field on a custom user template ? 

I'm trying but if I just put "return $page->id" in the field I have an error  "Undefined variable: page" ...
If I try with a external file, I have $page but It's the "users" parent page and not the user I'm editing 

:( 

8 hours ago, Sonia Margollé said:

Is it possible to use this field on a custom user template ? 

I haven't tried, sorry. I'll check when I get a bit of time. I've never used the custom user template feature so will have to do a bit of reading first. Have you tried with wire('page')? This post might also be handy (i.e. establishing process context)

Hey @kongondo - would you consider adding this to the module please?

$f = $this->modules->isInstalled('InputfieldAceExtended') ? $this->modules->get('InputfieldAceExtended') : $this->modules->get('InputfieldTextarea');

in the ___getConfigInputfields method?

Thanks!

It would also be good to have:

$f->rows = 20;

or even make it configurable.

One other thing - because InputfieldAceExtended is not in inline mode, you need <?php to force code highlighting, but your module doesn't allow this. Would you mind stripping out any <?php that is added so that this works? This should do it:

$str = eval(str_replace('<?php', '', $this->runtimeFields));
$str = eval(str_replace('<?php', '', $field->runtimeFields));

One each for FieldtypeRuntimMarkup and InputfieldRuntimeMarkup.

Thanks!

;)

But still I think using your IDE is the best option for larger code snippets... No need for ACE then. I'm still unsing my render replacement hook

2 minutes ago, bernhard said:

But still I think using your IDE is the best option for larger code snippets... No need for ACE then

I still think it's nice to have even for short snippets, but maybe that's just me? If nothing else it lets you actually use the tab key to indent which you can't do in a normal textarea.

Sure it's nice :) I think this was lost in translation :) I meant if you are using the IDE you don't need ACE, but of course it's nice to have it in the backend. The Tracy Console is a perfect example. I'm using ACE myself in several projects

• Like 1

Sorry @kongondo - me again :)

I am noticing that the renderMarkup() method is called many times on the currently edited page and it's also called on page reference fields on the page being edited. This makes for a lot of calls to this method that don't seem necessary as far as I can tell. Do you think this can be improved?

As an example, I put: bd($page->id); at the top of that method and saw this:

image.thumb.png.37bb806099db03174abb5d1ffeea5e9a.png

I am currently editing page 1100, but there are a few page reference fields which are also showing up in that list.

Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 2

Thanks @adrian. I'll look at these when I upgrade the module to PW3.x-support only. I have no ETA though, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Hey @kongondo - seems like it's all because of the ___wakeupValue and ___sleepValue methods. Is there any reason they can't just return true, rather than returning $this->renderMarkup($page, $field); ?

Thanks!

• Like 1