Module: RuntimeMarkup Fieldtype & Inputfield

kongondo

@Gazley, we can probably get around that. The main issue for me is how to reference the current repeater matrix item, basically the 'neighbouring' page field. In normal repeaters, fields are grouped (using their modified field-names) like so in one repeater item:

email_repeater3157            page_field_name_repeater3157             runtime_markup_field_name3157         eq(0)

email_repeater3179            page_field_name_repeater3179             runtime_markup_field_name3179         eq(1)

What is needed is a way to get the eq(n) of the repeater or the 3157 (the ID of the page where the fields actually live - hidden repeater page in admin)

Btw, $page->getForPage() won't cut it because this is the current page that has all those repeater items, in other words the $page in your RuntimeMarkup field. It seems the $page variable will do it? I don't even have a PW 3.x install ( :-X ) which RepeaterMatrix requires to test this. Time, oh time...

Edited by kongondo

• 1 month later...

I added this small tweak to the FieldType, which allows me to use the Ace extended for my code editing..

if(wire('modules')->get('InputfieldAceExtended')) {
	$f = $this->modules->get('InputfieldAceExtended');
	$f->mode = "php";
	$f->theme = "monokai";
} else {
	$f = $this->modules->get('InputfieldTextarea'); 
}
  • Like 4

cool - yeah the only slight snafu is that if you want syntax highlighting, you have to add an opening php tag, so if i'm editing, i add that and then i delete it before saving; not sure though if there is any way around that, but haven't looked into it yet...

• 2 months later...
Error: Call to undefined function wireRenderFile() (line 1 of .../FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup.module(98) : eval()'d code) 
This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

hi @kongondo

i get this error after updating from pw 2.7.3 to pw 3.0.28

i have this in my custom php field:

return wireRenderFile('_pageactions');

changing it to this:

namespace Processwire;

solves the problem. don't know how bullet-proof this is? maybe you could add this automatically when using namespaces?

• 1 month later...

thanks again for this awesome field! if anybody needs excel-like tables this is easily possible like this (startingpoint):

• create a folder like /site/modules/HandsonTable
  • copy https://github.com/handsontable/handsontable to this folder
  • create a runtime field with this content: return wireRenderFile('../modules/HandsonTable/HandsonTable.php');
  • create your php-file /site/modules/HandsonTable/HandsonTable.php
<?php
$config->scripts->append($config->urls->siteModules . "HandsonTable/handsontable/dist/handsontable.full.js");
$config->scripts->append($config->urls->siteModules . "HandsonTable/handsontable/dist/moment/moment.js");
$config->scripts->append($config->urls->siteModules . "HandsonTable/handsontable/dist/pikaday/pikaday.js");
$config->styles->append($config->urls->siteModules . "HandsonTable/handsontable/dist/handsontable.full.css");
$config->styles->append($config->urls->siteModules . "HandsonTable/handsontable/dist/pikaday/pikaday.css");
?>

<div id="example"></div>
<script>
var data = [
  ["", "Ford", "Volvo", "Toyota", "Honda"],
  ["2016", 10, 11, 12, 13],
  ["2017", 20, 11, 14, 13],
  ["2018", 30, 15, 12, 13]
];

var container = document.getElementById('example');
var hot = new Handsontable(container, {
  data: data,
  rowHeaders: true,
  colHeaders: true
});
</script>

moment and pickaday are not needed in this example and just as a showcase and reminder...

2016-09-16 15_46_57-Edit Page_ Impulstag für Motivation und Erfolg - Graz (Listenexport) • mentalest.png

It get's a little more complicated if you need storing/editing features but i need it only to show some data and my client can copy/paste data to excel/google drive sheets.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
On 02/08/2016 at 11:31 AM, bernhard said:

Error: Call to undefined function wireRenderFile() (line 1 of .../FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup.module(98) : eval()'d code) 
This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

hi @kongondo

i get this error after updating from pw 2.7.3 to pw 3.0.28

i have this in my custom php field:

changing it to this:

namespace Processwire;

solves the problem. don't know how bullet-proof this is? maybe you could add this automatically when using namespaces?

I think it's easier if the dev themselves added the namespace. Even this one-liner would have worked for you...

return ProcessWire\wireRenderFile('_pageactions');

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kongondo

I have tried your master and dev versions with PW 3.0.36 and only get errors.

Using your example code or something simple like 'return $page->parent->title;'  gets the resulting error:

Only strings and integers should be returned by your custom code! Check if your code is valid.

'return "hello";' works - but thats not so useful.

I am running php 5.4.4  -  might that be the issue?

Kind regards

Nik

Thanks Kongondo - it's just me being thicker than usual - no problem with the description ;-)

I assume this means that you cannot self reference fields on a $user page being edited.

EDIT: The below solves what I was trying to do - thanks Kongondo

$process = wire('process'); 
$u = $process->getPage();
$id = $u->id;
return $id;// will return 40 for guest, 41 for superuser, etc...
//return $process->className();// would return ProcessUser. Useful to know if you are using the field elsewhere and want to do different things based on context
// return $u->email;// etc...

Kind regards

Nik

Edited by NikNak

• 4 weeks later...

Just came here to say that this module works brilliantly!

I have made an "email sender field" that uses the page's data to manage surveys for a certain product and right now I'm doing a "defaults selection for repeater field" for a repeatear field with page fields in it that will describe features of a product. It's really nice to just hack your way so fast with this!

I use it with wireRenderFile() which rules because it lets me handle the markup nicely in a separate file in my preferred text editor.

EDIT: Added "mail settings" screenshot. Jus realized my description text is all messed up engrish

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 8.11.32 AM.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this module today to output a video preview from a multilanguage field. Worked like a charm. :) See the screenshot.

I created two fields, one for the default language (English) and one for Portuguese. 

Here's the code for both, if someone's interested:

English field:

return '<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/'.$page->youtube_id.'/?showinfo=0&amp;iv_load_policy=3&amp;controls=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen width="100%"></iframe>';

Portuguese field:

//1021 is the 'portuguese' language page id
$youtube_id = $page->youtube_id->getLanguageValue(1021);

return '<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/'.$youtube_id.'/?showinfo=0&amp;iv_load_policy=3&amp;controls=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen width="100%"></iframe>';

Thanks @kongondo for this great module!

video_preview.png

• Like 8

Hi there,

I use this field type with translateable strings and it works. My problem is I cannot find where I could translate it in the backend.

Example:

Fieldname: calendarbox

PHP code inside this field:

Screenshot_4.jpg

The output in the backend works. Maybe I have to create the translateable file manually.

Can anyone help me out?

Best regards

you could also put everything in one file to have all translations aggregated in one page in the admin

custom code:

return wireRenderFile('fieldmarkup', array('field' => 'calendarbox'));

fieldmarkup.php

<?php
switch ($field) {
    case 'calendarbox':
        $out = '<div>...</div>';
        $out .= '<p>...</p>';
        echo $out;
        break;
}

i guess for easy fields that would be better than having a file for each field...

• Like 4